Followers

Tuesday 22 April 2008

Memoir..........

Jo (Jo Beaufoix.com) tagged me for the six word memoir meme. She was tagged by Rosie who apparently nicked it from Miss Corey.

It all started over at Smith Magazine, and the copy and paste history is thus:


Legend has it that Hemingway was once challenged to write a story in only six words. His response? “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” Last year, SMITH Magazine re-ignited the recountre by asking our readers for their own six-word memoirs. They sent in short life stories in droves, from the bittersweet (“Cursed with cancer, blessed with friends”) and poignant (“I still make coffee for two”) to the inspirational (“Business school? Bah! Pop music? Hurrah”) and hilarious (“I like big butts, can’t lie”).


The rules of the meme are:
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5. Don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.



So, I had a think and I came up with the following:

1. Hatched, matched, will be (eventually) dispatched.
2. I cared, tried, hoped and loved
3. I did my best, hopefully enough.
4. Mucho ups, downs, in-betweens – my life!


I think I like #2 best, what do you think?


Now who to tag?


To be fair I choose the first 5 people who commented on my last post so that's:


Miss U ( A Sideways Look At Womanhood) - you said you were short of stuff to blog about!

Flowerpot (Flowerpot Days)

Buffalodickdy (Opinions & Rectums)

CG (The Compulsive Worrier)


Bee (Muffin53)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++


NEW THINGS ON THE BLOG


MWM produced this award for me to hand out, it will be unique to people I give it to , not to be passed on.


I would like make the first recipient of the 'YOU'RE BRILLIANT' award


Tisha (Crazy Working Mom)


who very kindly helped me to condense my blogroll into the little scrolling box you see in my sidebar now. Thank you Tisha for all your help you are truly BRILLIANT!

If you don't see your blog there and you link to me please let me know so I can add you. If I've missed you off it was accidental honest!


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



Also you may have noticed that I have taken all my awards off my sidebar and put them on a slide show instead. If you click on View All you can see who awarded me what.

44 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

will do the tag and sadly, yes, the wedding is off. i cried and cried, we love him so much and he is already a part of our family. hopefully they well reconcile though, i have hopes...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

buffalodick said...

I'll do it, dammit... Just for you...

Jo Beaufoix said...

I think they're all pretty fab, but you're right, number two is the best. And what a cute award. :D

Pam said...

wow, mwm is very talented. a truly lovely award. i've been wondering how to do the scrolling blogroll myself! i'm thinking i could figure it out, but if i don't..you'll be hearing from me lol xo

p.s. 2. is very nice :)

Pam said...

on second thought...just HOW do you get the scrolling blog roll on there? lol

Crazy Working Mom said...

Thank you. You're too kind. I only copied the code from the Manic Monday blogroll...so I guess the credit really should go to Morgen. :)

It looks really great here.

Linda said...

I kind of like #1 the best but what else would you expect from a dispatcher? Though I certainly never plan on doing any dispatching of that sort!

MWM did a nice job on your new award; I'm sure it will be very special and your first recipient is most definitely a winner in more ways than one!

Unknown said...

I like the third one best. You have been busy what with changes and awards etc!

RiverPoet said...

Hi Akela -

I actually did this one on my blog on 3/17. Check it out!

http://gettheetoapoet.blogspot.com/2008/03/write-your-life-in-six-words.html

Peace - D

crpitt said...

I love Tisha, she is most definitely Brilliant :)

Number two sums you up pretty well to me.

Anonymous said...

Isn't saving space on your sidebar great? Kinda like the Container Store for your blog.

bindhiya said...

Dear Akelamalu,
I like the new changes and the award slide show is beautiful!
Congrats on your award Sweetie! You truly are brilliant!
♥ & ((hugs))
bindi

Ps. all of them are great..i like the second one too.. :)

San said...

I'm impressed that you came up with a SERIES. Number 2 is resonant I agree, but I also enjoy the tongue-in-cheekedness of Number 1. Heck, I like them all! Clearly, you deserve the Brilliant award.

Travis Cody said...

Well done on the six word stories. Those are really harder that they seem...to create a full story in just six words.

Jennifer S said...

I like #2 best, too.

Flowerpot said...

right Id better get thinking ak!

Patti said...

Hi, I just did this meme, after seeing it on Bee's blog today.
I like #2 the best, but I do love the sense of humor contained in #1.

:-D

I love the music!

Mary said...

Enjoyed visiting again and seeing the changes in your blog - a great job. I put my awards on my sidebar until I get a chance to add them to my awards page. I really need to condense my blogroll as well.

Hope all is well with you.
Blessings,
Mary

Pig in the Kitchen said...

I like number 3, it has the right balance of good intentions and slight fear of failure? or that's how my 3 would be anyway!
Pigx

Akelamalu said...

Thanks Bee. I was shocked to hear the wedding is off, but as you say they may get back together again it's not unknown as I know from experience. Fingers crossed eh?

Aw Buff, you're a pal! x

Thanks Jo x

Cheers Ciara. I figured out how to load the links on www.blogrolling.com
but I couldn't get the code and had to enlist the help of Tisha. I'm sure she'd help you if you asked her.

Tisha at least you knew how to put it together! Thanks again honey.xx

Glad you like my memoirs and the award Linda and you're right Tisha is a winner!

I quite like #3 too Pauline

I will check it out Momma :)

Thanks Claire x

It certainly is Josh!

Glad you like the changes and the award Bindi x

Thankyou San, how kind you are.

Yep, it's not as easy as one might think Trav.

Thanks Jennifer

Yes get your thinking cap on Flowerpot x

Welcome Patti, glad you liked my effort :)

Nice to see you again Mary. Those were jobs I've been meaning to do for ages but kept putting off - you know what I mean?

That's it exactly Pig!

david mcmahon said...

How strange - we have been thinking along the same lines. I was explaining to someone yesterday that the whole concept of my daily Verse And Worse four-liners is to tell a whole story - but six words is an even greater challenge.

Akelamalu said...

I thought 55 words was hard David, but six is a killer!

Suburbia said...

I like number two too.

storyteller said...

I enjoyed them all … and have been mulling over potential 6-word messages of my own for some time now … collecting quite a few in ‘drafts’ … Hopefully I’ll eventually hit on something I want to share ;--)

Nifty 'award' of your own to bestow! The slide show is a cool way to display your awards too.

Hugs and blessings,

Laura Jane Williams said...

I like number three the best. Can I adopt it as my own?

girlwiththemask x

Donnetta said...

Hello, "A" Very, very clever. Hope all is well in your world. New award is cool.
Donnetta

Gledwood said...

If only I could keep my memoirs down to 6 words that would save a hell of a lot of paper!!

Mother of Invention said...

Good 6-worders! I am too wordy most of the time but maybe I'll try this sometime...good practice at being succinct!

Jeff B said...

Life from begining to end in just six words. I like number one the most.

Gene Bach said...

Man, only six words? That would be a tough one. LOL!

G-Man said...

Good Day to you Ake!!
How goes it?
Friday's almost here.....
hehehehe..xoxoxox

James Goodman said...

I agree...#2 is the best of the lot, though they are all quite good. :D

escape said...

congratulations! more success on your blog.

Akelamalu said...

Thanks Suburbia :)

I look forward to reading your 'memoir' Storyteller

Course you can GIM :)

Cheers Donetta :)

But it would be anywhere near as interesting Gledsx

I'm sure you'd do a great job MOI!

In a nutshell Jeff!

Welcome Gene. It's not easy!

It's ready and waiting G-man!

Thankyou James X

Hello dong thanks for dropping by and thank you for your good wishes. :)

~ej said...

i love your six words!! i like 1 & 2 (esp 2, which is where i am so much atm and wonder if it is enough)...

i love your little scrolling blogroll....very cool!! :)

Dumdad said...

All good but my favourite is No. 1.

P.S. I haven't heard this Dave Clark Five song for ages - thanks.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

#1 is brilliant.

Anndi said...

I adore number 1... and the tunes really re wonderful.
Congrats on your award!

Sandi McBride said...

Oh yes, number 2 definitely...sort of says it all, doesn't it? Love your music, may just stay and listen if you don't mind!
Sandi

Akelamalu said...

Thanks Elena, I think maybe that's where a lot of people are up to. x

I love the DCF track too Dumdad :)

Cheers Julia x

I didn't receive the award Anndi I initiated it to give to others, but thanks anways x

Stay as long as you like Sandi you're always welcome. :)

Carolyn said...

I couldn't sleep last night trying to come up with my own 6 word memoir. As for yours, I like #2, but #1 is my favourite. It made me giggle. Cheers, eh.

Akelamalu said...

I know what you mean about trying to think one up Carolyn, I couldn't sleep either!

Mimi Lenox said...

I like #2 as well. You are getting quite prolific Miss Hawaiian Skirt. You are always spot on and entertaining. Love it.

Akelamalu said...

Gee thanks Mimi, that's a true compliment coming from someone who can REALLY write!