Followers

Monday 11 June 2007

Second Time....

I have been awarded a second Thinking Blogger Award by Around My Kitchen Table - how nice of her is that?

I'm chuffed to little mint balls that anyone at all reads my drivel, let alone thinks it's worthy of an award, so I thank you very much and I will display it with pride.

I now have to choose 5 more recipients. People who's blogs make me think. This is difficult because I visit so many blogs and enjoy them all so much, so please don't be offended if I don't choose you, it's not because I don't like you, honest injun! I have tried to choose blogs who haven't already received the award but if you already have it I hope you will accept another one.
So here are my five choices...

Linda at Are We There Yet - Linda quite often ends her posts with a question - hence making me think.

Lettie at Lettuce-Eating - writes such 'from the heart' missives, you become really involved in what she is writing about.

Nea at The Southern View - writes about her life, her family, her surroundings - a joy to read.


Mike at Mike's Homefront - a recently discovered treasure. I love his writing and he has galvanised some of us bloggers into action with his new venture The Experiment (though it's not quite up and running yet). However, I will be honest here and say another reason I nominate him is because he has (unrequested) advertised my Grandmother's Biography on his blog and one good turn deserves another in my book. Thank you Mike. x

Last but not least, this may be breaking the rules a little bit but I'm going to do it nevertheless, by nominating two of Ruth's Blogs. Firstly There Are a Million Stories in the Naked City because it has made me really appreciate my life, what I have and what I have to lose, and was the first of Ruth's blogs I visited. Since then I have been introduced to Me, My Life, My Garden , which is not, as you might imagine, just photographs of Ruth's garden, it is so much more and a delight to read.


**********************

So there are my five choices, I hope you will all take a look at them and agree with me that they deserve the Thinking Blogger Award and I hope they will take part and display their award with pride.

To the Nominees.....

Should you choose to participate, please make sure to pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.

The participation rules are simple:

If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to five blogs that make you think.

Link to the original post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme

Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.

37 comments:

la bellina mammina said...

Congrats Akela - you truly deserve it! Besides making us think and ponder, we get some education too! ;-)

RUTH said...

Congratulations!! and thanks so much for my award/s! Shall have a ponder about who to give awards to...so many great blogs to choose from! Thanks for all your support
Rx

Akelamalu said...

Bella
Thank you honey. :)

Akelamalu said...

ruth
Thanks and congratulations to you too! I know it's not easy to choose, but you get to choose 10 as you have an award for both blogs! :)

Mike Minzes said...

Thanks for the award akelamalu. I will display it proudly.

Thanks for the kind words you said about my writing. I'd nominate you for this award but someone discovered you first.

I will participate in passing the award along to five others.

PS. The only reason I wrote about Gingervitus is I am a sufferer. :)

My daughter told me about it this weekend and I just have to start a campaign for the cure. :O)

Akelamalu said...

mike
You're welcome honey!

I love ginger hair!

Queenie said...

Did you party after the awards?????

Akelamalu said...

Would I party without you?

CG said...

Congratulations!! Enjoy your award party :) xx

Elaine Denning said...

Congratulations!
I'll definitely be checking out the others...

Akelamalu said...

cg
Thankyou, I'll try! ;)

Akelamalu said...

miss u
Thankyou and congratulations to you too, you got one!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know exactly how it feels being that my blog is so popular and everything... Wink!

Anyways, I enjoy reading your blog, and this is proof that plenty of others agree with me.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Morning Akelamalu~

CONGRATULATIONS my friend!!!!!!!!

Much deserved!

My God...I hope you have a fireplace mantle or a baby grand piano on which to place these awards!

God love ya woman!!!!

It's always a pleasure to stop by here.

Be well,
Ron

Akelamalu said...

josh
Aw thanks honey. x

Akelamalu said...

Ron
Thank you kind sir. I may have to get a display cabinet! ((wink))

Paul Champagne said...

Congrats ... but thinking makes my head hurt ... must be from excercising a little used muscle.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Congrats! You deserve it. Great choices for your awards.

Hope you had a lovely weekend.
Hope your sweet Dad is doing great reading about him makes me smile. ():)

Love and Hugs,

Angel ():)

Akelamalu said...

paul
It hurts mine too! :)

Akelamalu said...

angel
Thank you my friend, glad you agree with my choices. Dad is doing OK thanks.

sallywrites said...

Well done, and I am SO glad you didn't tag me........! Will have a look at the new blogs though!

Tammy said...

Congrats to you again!!
Wonderful!!
And I love this particular contest as it gives you other blogs to check out!
:)

Akelamalu said...

sally
Thanks. I may tag you for something in the future! ;)

Akelamalu said...

early bird
I like it too for that reason - linky love!

Neoma said...

Hi Akelamalu,and congratulations.......I will give this some thought.......see, i do think....haha

My blog really was started just for storage of all my poetry, and somehow it has become more of a diary. But all who come and read are welcome, as far as making them think......mostly they probably think they are glad that their life isn't as boring as mine. haha But I appreciate your recommendation! Thank you.

I am working in the yard today, I will get back to this tonight, okay.

Catch said...

Its so hard to pick just 5 isnt it??? I read 2 of those blogs daily....Southern View and Are We There Yet. Both excellant blogs! Good choices!

lettuce said...

Congrats Akelamalu - and thanks so much for my award.

:o)

i'm looking forward to having time, soon, to read your grandmothers biog.

lettuce said...

Congrats Akelamalu - and thanks so much for my award.

:o)

i'm looking forward to having time, soon, to read your grandmothers biog.

Pat said...

Hi there!

Enjoy the awards!

I find I'm coming here so often to listen to "No More Cloudy Days"

Love it. Means something special to me. ;)

Pat



My PAD and
Guelph Daily Photo

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Congratulations, Thinking Blogger! I heartily agree!

Akelamalu said...

nea
You think more than most honey, don't work too hard in the yard! :)

Akelamalu said...

catch
Glad you like my choices. :)

Akelamalu said...

lettuce
Thankyou and you're welcome. :)

Akelamalu said...

pat
Thankyou and you are welcome here anytime. You could always get the song for your own blog and listen to it when you're not here. :)

Akelamalu said...

Oh Julia thankyou m'dear. :)

Linda said...

Congratulations on being given a second award for being a Thinking Blogger! It just goes to show that people not only love your blog but it makes them think, too!

Thank you very much for my award (it's actually my second, too but I forgot to put it up the first time - shame, shame, shame on me!). I will do better this time and do a post in the next day or two. If someone is going to honor me with this, the least I can do is say thank you! And I do mean thank you!

I really need to get more organized!!

Akelamalu said...

Linda
Thanks chuck. You get those awards up on your sidebar - you deserve 'em!