Followers

Saturday 23 June 2007

Rockin'..............


Mimi Lennox at Mimi Writes has chosen me for a 'Rockin' Girl Blogger' award - how cool is that? She wrote such a fantastic review of my blog I didn't recognise myself! Thankyou Mimi.

Mimi herself has received this award twice - one from Linda at Are We There Yet? and the other from Turnbaby(As the world turns). If anyone deserves this award it is Mimi for her rockin' efforts getting the Peace Globe movement up and at 'em on the 6th June this year. I only took part this year, being a new blogger, but Mimi started the movement a few years ago. If you haven't got your Peace Globe yet, get yourself over to Mimi's and get one!

Apparently the rules for the 'Rockin' Girl Blogger' award state that if you're tagged, you get that spiffy little badge at the top of this post and then tag five other chicks who you think rock.

This will be hard choosing just five so I have taken some time to think about it and if I haven't chosen you please don't be offended, you know I wouldn't hurt you for the world.

#1 Queenie at Queenie's Random Ramblings has got to be my first choice. Queenie and I been friends for 17 years, since we met on holiday in Turkey. We have done some rockin' together over those years and, though neither of us can physically rock at the moment, we are both determined to get it together again in the not too distant future. Queenie is a great wordsmith and her blog never shows the pain she has endured. Rock on my lovely friend.

#2 Catch (A Penny For Your Thoughts) never fails to entertain with tales of her grandchildren, her Mom, who lives with her, and friends. She throws in little jokes and poems and I just love to visit her blog, but I would really like to visit her in real life 'cos she's got a pool and I just bet she has some rockin' pool parties.

#3 Val at 123Valerie Strikes Again is the ultimate rock chick in my opinion. She's sassy, bright, beautiful and I've heard her sing and play the guitar, check it out here. Besides all that her blog is entertaining, sometimes funny, and totally rocks.

#4 Laney (Miss Understood) at A Sideways Look At Womanhood certainly looks the part in her profile photo. She's feisty and her writing can have you laughing and crying all within the same post. On 30th September she will be running 10Km raising money for Cancer Research and anyone who raises money for such a deserving charity certainly Rocks in my view.

#5 Claire at A Little Piece of Me has been offline for a short while and is now getting withdrawal symptoms, as are her readers! She usually keeps her fans on their toes by 'punishing' lurkers on her blog with wickedly funny pictures and virtual punishments. She also does Happy 100's where you get a public mention if you just happen to be the next 100th visitor. Claire also helped organise 'The Easter Bunny' egg hunt, to raise money for charity. Participants had to solve the daily (sometimes thrice daily) clues, by visiting blogs you probably would never have known about to solve the clues. At the end of the egg hunt all participants, whether they won or not, got a little chick button for their sidebar - mine's there if you take a look. I know this took a lot of Claire's time and energy and, as I've said before, anyone who gives up their time for charity 'Rocks' in my book.

Well these five girls 'Rock' as far as I'm concerned, so I hope they will display their button with pride and hopefully be able to choose five 'Rockin' Girl Bloggers' to pass it on to.

54 comments:

lettuce said...

oh yeah! more great blogs to check out!

oh no! where will i find the time?!


Congrats. lamalu.

Finally finally i have time to go and read your grandmother's biog., i'm off there right now.

:o)

Akelamalu said...

Thanks Lettuce, I hope you enjoy Gran's story. :0

CG said...

You certainly do rock!! Congratulations :)

BTW, well done on being a blood donor. Meant to say that yesterday. Think of all those lives you saved!!

RUTH said...

Good for you! Mimi's Blogging for Peace is a fabulous idea and I too was pleased to take part in it. Had a text from Claire last night; she's still not online and missing us all like crazy. She's off hiking today so hope the weather holds for her. Will text her and let her know about her award. Have a great day
Rx

Akelamalu said...

Aw thanks cg. x

Akelamalu said...

Thank you Ruth. I've emailed Claire but obviously she won't get it until she's back online, thanks for texting her. :)

Dan's Fi-ver said...

I can rock...

x

talj said...

A well deserved award! :o)

Lo Kelween said...

rockin' girls...rock on!

Akelamalu said...

I know, I've seen you rock dan! x

Akelamalu said...

Why thank you talj.

Akelamalu said...

Elween I'll try! :)

Cream said...

Keep on Rocking all over the world, Akela!

Elaine Denning said...

Aww, thanks! I'm honoured :)

And congrats to you, too, for being so fab!

Akelamalu said...

I'll try Cream, I'll really try! :)

Akelamalu said...

Thanks miss u, and you deserve the award too! x

josie2shoes said...

Congrats on the very cool award Ake...well deserved for sure!! And thanks too for recommending some more great reads. I'll be checking them out. Have a wonderful weekend!

Akelamalu said...

Hi Josie and thankyou. You have a wonderful weekend too. :)

Flowerpot said...

Congratulations n the award - much deserved!

Barb said...

Congratulations!!! Keep on Rockin' :)

Akelamalu said...

Aw thankyou flowerpot nice of you to say so.

Akelamalu said...

I'll do my best skittles, once the knee gets right! :)

Calamity Jane said...

Congratulations - well deserved!

Akelamalu said...

calamity jane thank you and thanks for dropping by, I hope you'll call again.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

You might start getting snapped by the papparazzi...

Congratulations!

Akelamalu said...

Julia you think so? LOL

Cheers m'dear.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i just wish that little claire would get back here and start rockin' again! ha ha

great choices...

smiles, bee

Akelamalu said...

Me too Bee! Thanks.

Mimi Lenox said...

Rock on, girl, rock on.

Queenie said...

Oh!babe, that is so sweet, thank you for those kind words. Lets hope its not long before we are the Dancing Diva's once again.

Tammy said...

Congrats on the award!!
I got one too from a different source and what I love about these particular awards is the opportunity to meet new bloggers!
You Rock Akelamalu!!
:)

Diana Joy said...

Congratulations!!! You sooooo deserve it my friend!!!
Yes! I am still alive!
I have read your comments and stopped by...It just seems like there isn't enough time in a day...
and to be honest....
I have had a rough time with one of my kids....my heart is broken...perhaps we can chat sometime on e-mail?
Thanks for being such a good friend :)
Also, for visiting my daughters!! You're awesome!!!
Love,
Diana Joy!!!!!
btw..
check out my new blogger friend..
here is her link
http://runwithdogs.blogspot.com/
I'm trying to welcome her into the blogging world!!! hehehehehe
God bless!

Cindy said...

Congratualtions on your award! I recognize two of the ones you nominated and will have to go check out the other three.

Mike Minzes said...

An award well deserved!!

Did you get the HTML code for the Experiment?

JHS said...

Congrats on being a Rockin' Girl Blogger! That's wonderful!

Come Back Brighter said...

You do seem like a pretty rockin' blogger so I'll also check out your nominations

Akelamalu said...

Cheers Mimi :)

Akelamalu said...

Queenie You're welcome my lovely. We'll be back!

Akelamalu said...

Congratulations to you too early bird :)

Akelamalu said...

diana joy Thanks honey. I'll check our your new friend and will email you. x

Akelamalu said...

Thanks cindy, hope you enjoy my nominees.

Akelamalu said...

Yes I got the link Mike, it's up on my sidebar now. Thanks for the congrats. :)

Akelamalu said...

Hi Janie, thankyou and thanks for dropping by. :)

Akelamalu said...

Why thank you Fever Dog and thank you for popping in. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! As usual, I'm late to the party--I'm honored to be in such delicious company.

Akelamalu, you just keep spreading that love around, lovely lady.

Linda said...

YAY on your award! I saw over at Mimi's that she had awarded you and I was just as pleased as punch. Had I been thinking clearly when I was awarded this three times I would have picked 15 people to give it and you would have been one of them!

Sometimes my brain doesn't work right but thank goodness Mimi's was!!

Rock on!!!

Akelamalu said...

Val
Thanks honey, and you deserve it too!

Akelamalu said...

Aw thanks Linda. I saw you had the award already, otherwise you'd have been on my list too.

CS said...

Congratulations! I will check out the other blogs you listed.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Congratulations. Will check out the other great blogs. I have been off the past few days with a migraine and so glad to come back to you getting cool award. You so deserve my friend you are such a light.

Hugs and Light,
Angel ():)

Akelamalu said...

Thanks cs, I hope you enjoy the other blogs as much as I do. :)

Akelamalu said...

Thanks angel, glad to see you back. x

Claire said...

Cheers me dears! a lovely thing for you to do, it makes me sound nice!

Akelamalu said...

You ARE nice Claire! x