Followers

Friday 1 June 2007

Faraway Shores.....

We spent 2 hours in the travel agents yesterday whilst my friend's daughter (who works there) scoured the computer for holiday bargains for us.

She came up with quite a few - Spain, Greece, Malta, Portugal, Canaries, Caribbean but there wasn't one that really took my fancy. "She must be hard to please" I can hear you say. No, not really but as MWM always trusts me to choose the holiday it has to really say to me "Come Here!" and none of them did. MWM tells everyone that all the holidays we have had have been fantastic and that's all down to my choices, so you can see I'm under a bit of pressure here folks! We have never been disappointed - yet - and I don't want to start now by taking any old holiday.

After some discussion with our travel agent friend it's been decided that as we don't want to go until about the 6th July (I'm back at the doctors on the 5th for another sick note) we should leave it until the week before and she will try to get us a 'real' bargain like the ones you always see in the travel agents windows. In the meantime she will be checking what's on offer daily and if anything comes up that she thinks would suit she'll give me a ring. How's that for service?

We got the suitcases out of the loft when we were having it insulated a few weeks ago, so I can pack at a minutes notice, after I've ironed everything of course. So keep your fingers crossed that we get a luxury cruise or all inclusive holiday in the Maldives for about £500 each.
AS IF!

22 comments:

CG said...

Fingers crossed you get the holiday you want :)

sallywrites said...

Fingers crossed. (If you don't iron the clothes you can go even more quickly!)

Queenie said...

Now you know your always welcome here,it maynot be the Maldives but you can be sure of a warm welcome.

Elaine Denning said...

What's an iron? LoL.

The last holiday I had, I organised myself. I saw the one I wanted in a travel agent's brochure, called the hotel direct to book it, and booked the flight. All I had to do then was grab a taxi at the airport to take me to my destination. I saved about £250!

Akelamalu said...

cg
Thanks. :)

sally
Now there's an idea. ;)

queenie
I know the invitation's there darling but I need some guaranteed sun on my back. Maybe when you've had your op and back on your feet. x

miss u
You sound like my son "What's an iron?" :)

We keep saying we will do that and maybe we will but not now, I can't be bothered at the moment. You can save a lot of money though I know.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

have her check the carnival freedom. the cruise director, john heald has a blog on my sidebar and it is a lovely ship and very reasonable. it has only been in the water about a month now.

smiles, bee

Akelamalu said...

Bee
I'll check that out bee cheers! :)

Tammy said...

I've never been overseas...we only ever take vacation in the states...that is not to say I would not enjoy it...I've always wanted to visit Scotland!
:)

Akelamalu said...

earlybird
I first went abroad when I was 33, we always had holidays in Britain before that. Now I'm hooked on places hot and sunny. Scotland is a beautiful part of the world and I'm sure you would love it if you get there. :)

Paul Champagne said...

I really enjoyed the Canary Islands, though you would think that a place called "Playa del Engalis" would have more English speaking tourists ... most of them spoke German.

GEWELS said...

I can be there in 24 hours to go with..I'll even iron YOUR clothes.

Try Costa Rica- the people are almost as nice as you guys over in the U.K. ...and they have monkeys!

Akelamalu said...

Paul
We've been to Tenerife and Fuertaventura and like them very much, perhaps we'll try Gran Canaria next.

Akelamalu said...

gewels
He he you must really want to go if you're willing to do the ironing! Costa Rica - there's a thought.

RUTH said...

After reading your blog for a while I can't imagine you'll have anything but fun wherever you go....Rx

headless chicken said...

Ooooh,lovely - a holiday with lots of sunshine - fingers crossed for you!
I have a week in Cornwall in a big tent with all the kids to look forward to.Hmmm...................

Linda said...

I would so love to go on a vacation somewhere but I'm afraid that's going to have to wait a bit longer.

One of these days I really, really want to go on a cruise, I hear so many good things about them!

Lo Kelween said...

well, wish you all the best and hope you will get a cheaper package tour (maybe even cheaper, who know?:)) we are looking forward for you to share your experience!

Catch said...

fingers and toes crossed here!!! And wishing you well at the Doctors!

Neoma said...

I have a hard time with vacations, just because I never know what I want to do or see, I envy people who can put a great vacation together.....oh, thats right they are called travel agents. haha. I always try to do it myself. With no training......I should know better.

Good luck, hope you find the vacation you want at the price you want. I know that I could travel half way around the world for what this two week trip to just California is going to cost me.

Akelamalu said...

ruth
We do tend to! ((wink))

headless chicken
Our caravan holidays with the boys were some of the best!

linda
We've been a Med cruise and I love it. We've promised ourselves a Carribean Cruise when I retire in two years time - God willing! :)

elween
Thanks honey, be sure I'll take plenty of photographs and relate it all back.

catch
Thanks on both counts hon. x

nea
Ah that's the problem - so many places to see! I'm sure you trip will be fantastic.

Cream said...

Sounds like an amazing bargain, the Maldives! Guaranteed sun!

Akelamalu said...

cream
I only said I WISH!