Followers

Wednesday 27 June 2007

Five things..............

Shaz from Us Danes Meme Page tagged me for this meme. . . .

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:

1. Daddy Forever
2. The Ice Box
3. The Buzz Queen
4. Us Danes & Our Family
5. Everything and Nothing

Next select five people to tag:

1. The Diamond-Drops Mansion
2. Mike's Homefront
3. La Bellina Mammina
4. Kaleidoscope
5. Drunk Mummy

Then answer the following questions:

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was working at the place I work now, living in the house where I live now, married to the man I'm married to now and thinking I wish I could win the lottery. No change there then!


What were you doing 1 year ago?
One year ago in August I was begging my doctor to refer me to an orthopaedic surgeon to get on the waiting list to have my knee replacement.


Five snacks you enjoy:
  1. Pork Crackling
  2. Cheese and Biscuits
  3. More Pork Crackling
  4. More Cheese
  5. Fruit
Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
All the Beatles songs - name one I'll sing it to you!


Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Tell my boss what to do with the job!
2. Have a bungalow built to my specifications, including an indoor pool
3. Make sure all my family were financially secure.
4. Buy a property abroad, somewhere permanently hot and sunny but close enough to England so I can be back in a flash if needbe.
5. Treat my closest friends. You all want to be my closest friends now dontcha????


Five bad habits:
1. I buy too many shoes.
2. I buy too many clothes.
3. MWM says I snore but he's making it up!
4. I'm impatient, If I want it, I want it NOW!
5. I expect everyone to think the way I do!


Five things you like doing:
1. Being at home instead of at work.
2. Cooking, especially trying out new recipes.
3. Blogging - but I could also put that on the previous list because it's becoming a habit!
4. Reading a good book.
5. Dining out, with cheese for afters instead of a sweet!

Five things you would never wear again:
1. A bikini - my midriff is best covered up now.
2. A Ra Ra skirt - it would make my bum look big(ger).
3. A mini skirt - not with knees like mine for a million pounds. Oh go on then I'll wear one for a million pounds!
4. Platform shoes - I can barely walk in flats at the moment!
5. Leggings - see #3.


Five favourite toys:
1. The computer
2. Camera phone
3. Digital Camera
4. Food Processor
5. Plasticine - it belongs to the grandchildren really but I like playing with it!


This has been doing the rounds for a while so the chances are that you've already done it. If that's the case forget it, unless you want to do it again of course.

43 comments:

la bellina mammina said...

Argh !! You're so naughty!!

Akelamalu said...

LOL go on you know you want to Bella! :)

Elaine Denning said...

Uugh. So many women used to over-wear their leggings years ago...all the lycra used to disappear in the bum. It looked awful!

Linda said...

Don't you love it when you get double-tagged and you can say "HA! I already did that one!" I tell ya, these things make the rounds so fast, it's no wonder people get tagged twice or even thrice!

Loved your answers and ditto here on the blogging! I couldn't decide whether to put it under the "bad habit" or "things I like doing" so I left it off altogether!

Have a great day, I'm off to work!

Akelamalu said...

miss u absobloodylutely!

Akelamalu said...

LOL. We're blogaholics Linda! :)

Shaz said...

Love the answers. How about the leggins under the rara skirt with a bikini top?

Cream said...

Yes, cheese instead of a sweet. That's me. But, no biscuits! French bread, any day...and a glass of red wine, for sure...

Served by a waitress in leggings and a Ra-Ra skirt. ;o)

Akelamalu said...

shaz I think I saw someone wearing just that outfit the other day!! :)

Akelamalu said...

I'd love to have bread with the cheese cream but I'd eat the whole loaf! Definitely have wine with it - leave the bottle!
I might try to persuade MWM to wear the leggings and Ra-ra skirt to serve it to me! ;)

RUTH said...

Great answers...I love a cheese board instead of a sweet. Don't know if you ever read my post telling of the time on holiday when I ate the WHOLE cheeseboard...well I didn't know it wasn't my portion! Our local butchers sells big bags of pork scratchings. Great to find another Beatles fan.
Rx

Akelamalu said...

I could just make a meal of cheese Ruth, it's very fattening though!!!
Where's your butcher??
I was brought up on the Beatles and so was MWM. I think we have everything they've every recorded!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

great answers but i have never heard of plasticine...

smiles, bee

Akelamalu said...

Bee you may call plasticine modelling clay?

Mike Minzes said...

Great answers! Thanks for the tag. I just posted it

Mike Minzes said...

Hmm, Sgrt Peppers Hearts Club Band. Sing it.

Pat said...

Great answers! Brought back memories!


My PAD and
Guelph Daily Photo

Akelamalu said...

Mike I'm coming over to read your tag and sing Sgt Peppers to you!

Akelamalu said...

Hope you enjoyed the memories Pat?

Pearls of Wisdom said...

I have some of the same habits...LOL
. I buy too many shoes.
2. I buy too many clothes.
3. MWM says I snore but he's making it up!
4. I'm impatient, If I want it, I want it NOW

Hugs , smiles, light and laughter,

Angel ():)

Melanie said...

I love your answers! Funny!

Jenny! said...

Can I be there when you tell your boss where to stick your job??? Of course I will wait until you are a millionari!

Akelamalu said...

angel I think maybe we were twins separated at birth! :)

Akelamalu said...

Glad you enjoye it Melanie.

Akelamalu said...

Of course jenny, I want the whole world to be there that day!!

Anonymous said...

Great post... have a good day! BTW... I'm impatient too.

Akelamalu said...

Thanks Josh.

Queenie said...

Ermm!, I've just brought two pairs of leggings!!!
Fancy Mfm saying you snore...

Akelamalu said...

Errrm I'm sure the leggings will look good on you queenie. :)

Tammy said...

I enjoyed your meme!!!
:)

Akelamalu said...

So glad Tammy :)

Pig in the Kitchen said...

I'm with you on the 5 things i will never wear again...although i could be persuaded by platforms!
Pigx

Annie said...

loved your bad habits, but i didn't know there was anything worng with expecting everyone to think the way you do. :)

My request "I want to hold your hand."

Julia Phillips Smith said...

"Lovely Rita, Meter Maid. Where would I be without you? Give us a wink and make me think of you..."

lettuce said...

mmmmm pork scratchings! mmmmm


Akel. i just saw your comment. When you go to the import pics page, under select layoug you need to choose "None". Then when the pic. is imported you can drag it pretty much anywhere in the text.

(you can also move pics around by going to the html and cutting and pasting the code exactly where you want it)


good luck! looking forward to seeing it.

Akelamalu said...

pig in the middle If I thought I could walk in platforms I might be persuaded too! :)

Akelamalu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Akelamalu said...

One of my favourites Julia, I'll be over directly to sing it to you. ;)

Akelamalu said...

lettuce oh you love pork scratching too, delicious aren't they?

Thanks for the instructions I'll have a go, but don't hold your breath! :)

Akelamalu said...

I don't think there's much wrong with that either Annie, but unfortunately other people do! ;) I'm on my way over to sing your request.

Barb said...

I'm with Linda.. these tags DO fly around fast! Thx anyway LOL

Akelamalu said...

They sure do skittles, it's not hard to lose track! :(

Crazy Working Mom said...

Great job on this one! :)