Followers

Monday 2 April 2007

Gotta Get Some Goals........

I've been tagged by Linda for a new meme. Never one to ignore a challenge I'll have a go.

Here's what the meme requires
"It requires you to list and write about five to ten gotta-get goals that will allow you to truly say you have achieved your wildest dreams in life -- the best, most exclusive, and over-the-top goals that you can pick off your goals list. Not as easy as it sounds."


1. Of course my first goal is to get this damn knee working effectively. I haven't been able to walk more than 5-10 yards for the past 2 years without sitting down every few minutes, so my goal is to go on a mammoth shopping trip that requires me to walk round the shops all day long without a break! Well maybe I'll take a break for a quick coffee so I can get my breath back!
2. I will lose weight. Over the past two years, because of my imobility, I have managed to gain over 2 stone in weight. Whilst not chronically obese I am fat! Luckily because MWM is feeding me at the moment I am unable to eat a whole loaf and 1lb cheese whilst making dinner, this means that I have already lost 10lbs in five weeks! What a start!
3. I fully intend to take up some proper exercise once the knee heals. Jogging is a no-no apparently but swimming, walking and Pilates are a definite YES. Also, I have always wanted to learn Tai Chi but haven't been physically able to. Now will be my chance.
4. Stop worrying about work, the parents, the children, the grandchildren. I know this will not be easy but I seem to spend most of my time worrying about one or the other of them and there's no point is there? I am going to try to stop worrying in advance and just deal with things as they happen.
5. Enjoy my retirement. Ok, it's not for another two and a half years but hey I can dream. My goal is to retire in full health with enough money to be comfortable and let MWM and I visit all the exotic places we have only yet dreamed about.
As I'm new to memes I won't tag anyone because most of you have been doing this for a long time and have probably been tagged already. Aren't I kind? :)
My knee
Monday 2nd April
Slept like a log last night and I haven't had any meds today. I've decided not to take any unless I really need them, and I don't at the moment.

29 comments:

Cream said...

No Meds? Not even a drop of wine?

la bellina mammina said...

Glad to hear about your knee....am sure you can achieve all your 5 goals!

Akelamalu said...

Cream
No, not even a drop of wine, though I may have some later!

Akelamalu said...

la bellina mammina
I'm really going to try!

CS said...

Thanks for dopping by my blog earlier. Good goals - if you can walk somewhere peaceful or beautiful, it's especially nice.

Akelamalu said...

csl
A long peaceful walk on a secluded beach somewhere hot would be my dream. Thanks for popping in.

Queenie said...

Good meme, just like you DAH!! I'm sure with time it will all come to me.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well i don't generally talk about weight, well, because i have too much of it, ha ha ha... good luck with the no pain meds. i know it is hard, but also important.

smiles, bee

Akelamalu said...

queenie
I'm sure it will honey.

mist1 said...

Jogging is not proper exercise. Shopping is proper exercise.

Akelamalu said...

Ah mist1 a woman after my own heart! Thanks for visiting.

Neoma said...

Many of my goals are similar to yours, although mine is getting back the full use of my hand and wrist. I had surgery in Dec and still suffer pain and lack of total use. so aggravating....but as time goes on, it does get better. Good luck on all of these........

Catch said...

Let me know when you figure out how to not worry about the kids and grandkids....we will put a patent on it and make a million bucks! lol

Akelamalu said...

nea
I truly hope you realise the goal of getting your wrist back to normal, I know how aggravating it can be.

catch
You'll be the first to know - if I ever manage it!

Tammy said...

I loved reading your "Goal Meme" and have every confidence that YOU will succeed!
I slept like a "log" last night too...and posted later than normal...and here I'm supposed to be the "Early Bird"!

Linda said...

Excellent answers to the meme! I knew you could do it! And those are some really terrific and attainable goals!

Also glad to hear that you slept like a log minus any meds - isn't that a totally wonderful feeling?

Amazing Gracie said...

I'm working on this meme, too...it's a doozy!
I'm glad to hear of your progress! You'll be out and about full time, soon!!!

Lo Kelween said...

here's a tip to lose weight~ drink apple cider vinegar everyday. it is really good and effective! :)

Akelamalu said...

Early bird
You didn't catch the worm then? Glad you have confidence in me - it helps! There's nothing like a good night's sleep is there?

Akelamalu said...

linda
I quite enjoyed the challenge - thanks. I'm trying to do without the meds altogether, had to have some last night but I'd gone all day without!

Akelamalu said...

amazing gracie
I'll look in on your meme later - I'm sure you have some great goals. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Akelamalu said...

empress bee
Me neither but I was being honest! :)

Akelamalu said...

elween
I read somewhere about apple cider vinegar and I did try it for a while - maybe not long enough?

Annelisa said...

Well, Akelamalu, I suspect all but one of those goals are achievable by you - I think, maybe, one at the time. Well, the first three you can do simultaneously - each should help the other - stopping worrying about the ones you love? Nope, I really don't see you doing that one! But, you could put yourself first occassionally though. And, also, trust those around you to take care of themselves a little.

Planning your retirement? How about starting now... crossing the things off your list early - why wait??? :-) Ooo, that would be a way to limber up that leg, wouldn't it? Walking on sandy shores! Dream on!

Excellent news about your knee - Can Can getting to be a possibility? :-D

Akelamalu said...

Hi annelisa
Ah, methinks you're right about the worrying!

I intend to walk along a beach somewhere hot this summer - even if it's with a walking stick!!!

GEWELS said...

Wonderful goals. Especially the Not worrying- I do find that is a waste of precious time and energy and is non-productive.

Best is to get back to good health. The rest of your life will be a fabulous adventure when you have your health back.

Lo Kelween said...

oh yes, persistency is very important. not just to lose weight but to keep a healthy lifestyle too. i have been taking apple cider vinegar for 2 years without fail :)

Akelamalu said...

gewels
Thankyou. Yes good health is the most important.

Akelamalu said...

elween
Right then I suppose I should give it another go!