Followers

Tuesday 24 April 2007

Awards............


I can't believe I got an award!!! I'd like to thank my husband, my mother, my father, my brothers, my kids, my grandkids, my friends, my hairdresser, my agent and anyone else who knows me. Bwaaaahhhhhhh, sniff, sniff, bwaaaahhhhh.



No seriously now, Josh at The Gabbatha Journey has very kindly awarded me a Thinking Blogger Award. Ok, he said it's more because myself and another british blogger have put him on the International map rather than I get him thinking about the universe or anything. Nevertheless, I will display my award with pride.

I now need to bestow this award on other bloggers who make me think rather than just ones I like. Let me think!

Annelisa - Words That Flow
This was one of the first blogs I started to read. She has such wonderful pictures of the countryside around where she lives, she writes poetry and is a budding author - she's just written a novel in a month! She makes me think about nature.

Claire - A Little Piece of Me
Claire makes me think so much it hurts my brain. She helped organise a Easter Egg Hunt to raise money for charity, which had quite a lot of bloggers racking their brains. Now I know you don't like Memes Claire but I wanted you to have this award.

Dave - Energy Healing
Dave makes me think about all things spiritual with his pictures and words.

Yazi - Seed a Brain
Yazi's posts are always thought provoking.

Ron - Foot Notes
I have only very, very recently found Ron's blog. He is very knowledgeable on many things - Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Reiki, etc., his posts are very informative and a joy to read.
Should you choose to participate, please make sure to pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. The participation rules are simple:

If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to five blogs that make you think

Link to the original post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme

Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.


My knee
Tuesday 24th April
Giant Steps for me. Yesterday I began walking upstairs one foot in front of the other! I used the bannister and a crutch to help but this means my knee is getting stronger. Also this morning I actually stood up to take my shower. I still have to get in and out of the bath by sitting on the bathboard but this is a big improvement.

30 comments:

talj said...

Congratulations on the award and wonderful news about the knee!! Here's hoping things go from strength to strength :o)

Annelisa said...

Well done and big congrats on getting the Thinking Blogger award, Akelemalu! It's well deserved - you have a great variety of posts that certainly make you think (darn it, though, I was about to tag you for this one! Might do it anyway :-) )

Thanks for nominating me, sweetie - I shall be doing a post on it later!

Oh, and even bigger congratulations on the stairs - major achievement! You are very brave, as that's one of the wobbly steps to take, but you took it - hugs!

Aloha!

CG said...

Congratulations on your award, very well deserved!!!Glad there is good news on the knee front too!

Akelamalu said...

Talj
Thanks on both counts. :)

Annelisa
Oh I beat you too it! I'm looking forward to hearing more about you honey. Yes the stairs have been a bugbear with me but I suddenly got the courage to do it yesterday!

cg
Thankyou. I would never have chosen me for a Thinking Blogger so I am rather proud that someone has! :)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Glad you got to know me better..Thanks for tagging me..Sandy

Akelamalu said...

Sandy
My pleasure entirely! :)

Unknown said...

Great !!!!! I am happy for your progress. You have gone through and still going through a process of healing and growth. You have demostrated to all of us that healing takes more then time. It takes faith, gratitude and love.

Thank You
Also thank you for the Thinking Blogger Award.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Akelamalu-

And MUCH congratulations to YOU!!!!!

Yeeeaaaaaa, yeapeeee, yahoooo!

Very deserving!

It's your kind and loving nature that others FEEL - when they come to visit.

Thank you for sharing that with all of us. It's like getting a Reiki session everytime!

And THANK YOU for your consideration of passing on this blessing to me (and the others).

I would be honored and touched.

And SO freaking HAPPY!!!!!

So when I get home from work this evening, I will do as you asked.

Thank you Akelamalu, thank you from the center of my heart chakra!

Now...how the hell do I get the Thinker Award logo on my blog?
If you can let me know...that would be great. You see....I even make myself THINK!?!?!?!?

Be well,
Ron

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Akelamalu-

And MUCH congratulations to YOU!!!!!

Yeeeaaaaaa, yeapeeee, yahoooo!

Very deserving!

It's your kind and loving nature that others FEEL - when they come to visit.

Thank you for sharing that with all of us. It's like getting a Reiki session everytime!

And THANK YOU for your consideration of passing on this blessing to me (and the others).

I would be honored and touched.

And SO freaking HAPPY!!!!!

So when I get home from work this evening, I will do as you asked.

Thank you Akelamalu, thank you from the center of my heart chakra!

Now...how the hell do I get the Thinker Award logo on my blog?
If you can let me know...that would be great. You see....I even make myself THINK!?!?!?!?

Be well,
Ron

Akelamalu said...

Dave
What lovely things you say, thank you so much. I'm glad you will accept the award you deserve it.

Akelamalu said...

Ron
You're are really excited - you posted twice!!!! :)

Such lovely words from you - I feel very humbled. It's great that you are accepting the award and passing it on.

I'm no techie but I'll tell you how I put the award button up.

1. Click on the thinking blogger award button on my blog.
2. Save it somewhere on your PC as a picture.
3. Upload it as a picture in your Award post and on your sidebar.

I wasn't sure how to make the button link to my post (which is what you're supposed to do) so I just copied the link for my post and put it in the caption line. If you/ or anyone else knows how to do it properly please let me know.

Good luck. I'll be along later to have a look who you've chosen to pass it on to. :)

GEWELS said...

Oh, and don't you look fabulous in that gown you chose for the awards. Gold lame' is definitely your color.
Hooray, sounds like the knee is improving wonderfully.

Akelamalu said...

gewels
Thanks honey. :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... Congrats!

Danielle said...

Congralutions. Thinking Blogger Awards are so fun. Your nominees sound worthy of a visit for sure.

Off to check em out.

Be well and enjoy the day

Akelamalu said...

Josh
Thank you!

Danielle
Thanks I'm sure you'll enjoy the ones I've chosen.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

congratulations! i won this award too and wondered what the heck i did to win it. did i make you think about a blonde joke or something, ha ha ha. but i was glad nonetheless... and so happy to hear about the knee. mine is still sore, i still don't know what is wrong. i'm taking glucosimine and drinking monavie. still nothing...

smiles, bee

Akelamalu said...

Bee
Congratulations to you too. I was gobsmacked to win I have to say.

Sorry to hear your knee is no better. I have to say it feels better after exercising it, when I just sit it siezes up!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Akelamalu,
Congratulations on both counts the award which you deserve and the knee.
You are such a kind and loving person . I am so glad you have been given this.

Love,

Angel ():)

Akelamalu said...

Angel
What a lovely thing to say, thankyou so much. :)

Tammy said...

Congratulations my friend!
I learn a lot through your blog and this award is well deserved for you and a wonderful way to check out new blogs!

Akelamalu said...

Early Bird
And there's me thinking I post a load of rubbish - thank you for the vote of confidence, you're so kind! :)

Claire said...

Urggghhh! Hmmm i am going to have to think on this.

You deserved this award, i have been got by this three times now, so i guess i am making people think! I must put a stop to that at once.

Neoma said...

Congratulations akelamalu, :):)

la bellina mammina said...

Congrats!!!! You deserve it. ;-)

Yazi said...

I been trying to swing by your blog since like early early morning, very busy this week with work and finals at school!

CONGRATS !!!!!!!! you really deserve this award for your blog!

thanks for mentioning me there, hopefully i will get time to post and reply, take care;

Lo Kelween said...

wow...congratulations! :) and i am very happy to know about you knee. keep it up! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Akelamalu said...

Claire
Yes it's your own fault for being such an inspiring person!

Akelamalu said...

Nea, La Bellina Mammina, Yazi, Elween and Nik
Thank you. :)