In April we went to a birthday party and I had my first dance on my new knee. By June I was walking the length of Southport Pier which is 1,112m long. Admittedly I was using one crutch but I wasn't really leaning on it!
On 7th July I finally got rid of my crutch and we went abroad on holiday then finally at the beginning of September I went back to work. Since then my knee has gone from strength to strength and I am so glad I had the operation. The life expectancy of me knee is approx 15 - 20 years, then I may need a new one but I'm not even thinking about that, I'm too busy doing all the things I haven't been able to do for such a long time.
To anyone who has been told they need a knee replacement my advice would be 'go for it' it will change your life!
Now, where's that dance floor?
Julia at A piece of my mind tagged me for the Six Unimportant Things About Me(me).
The rules are:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you. Check, see above.
2. Post the rules on your blog. Check, see here.
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself. Errm I'll try.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your blog entry. I'll have to do it by sticking a pin in my blogroll.
5. Let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blogs. No probs.
This is easier than thinking of important things about oneself, which could be construed as being up one's own A***e!
1. I wear glasses for reading.
2. I used to bite my nails - I know YUK!
3. I love reading. I mainly read blogs now but I have been known to read the labels on jars when I don't have a book to hand.
4. I can't resist buying shoes. Move over Imelda.
5. Did I say I wear glasses?
6. I love shoes. Have I already told you that?
It was harder than I thought. I was going to say I tag the first 6 people to comment but if you read this, you won't comment will you???? So if you want to do it go ahead.