Followers

Saturday 6 December 2008

Saturday Wordzzle # 42

The idea is, every week Raven (View From Raven's Nest) gives you between 8 and 10 words/phrases and you have to create a small but coherent paragraph using every one of them and the same with the mini challenge. You can do either, both or a megawordzzle using all the words, or even all three, it's up to you, you can post them on your blog or email them to Raven. If you join in go to Raven's and put your name on the Mr. Linky so other participants can come visit you.

Here's my efforts complete with my doodles.



This Week's Ten Word Challenge is: think the rain’ll hurt the rhubarb?, B Vitamins, credit card, jolly, angels, mouse, three ring circus, haiku, sponge, copper
The high energy group ‘B-vitamins’ made more noise than a three ring circus. Their new single ‘Think the rain’ll hurt the rhubarb?’ was jolly but it wasn’t as good as their previous hits ‘Angels Haiku’, ‘Copper Mouse’ and ‘Sponge Credit Card’.



Mini Challenge: compulsive, trunk, African violets, curiosity, UFO



UFO magazine was compulsive reading for Jimmy and did far more for his curiosity than his job of delivering African violets from the trunk of his car, which is why he lost his job because he spent his time reading instead of delivering.



Megawordzzle

Pete was busy on his allotment when Jolly, the neighbourhood copper, walked passed shouting “Think the rain’ll hurt the rhubarb?” Of course Jolly wasn’t his real name, it just fitted him to a T because that’s what he was, Jolly!

“No, ‘course not” replied Pete “it’ll soak it up like a sponge.”

“You amaze me Pete, at 80 most men sit at home writing haiku but you’re a compulsive worker aren’t you?” said Jolly.

“No poetry for me” chuckled Peter “I take my B-vitamins, so I’ve plenty of energy!”


At sundown, after a full day of tending his plants, Pete retired to his shed and made himself a cup of tea. He loved this time of the day, it was so quiet you could almost hear the angels singing. He watched a little mouse scurrying backwards and forwards making a nest in the corner

Suddenly there was a deafening noise.


“What’s going on? It’s like a three ring circus out there. It’s a bloody UFO!” cried Pete.

At that moment a 4 x 4 ploughed through the fence demolishing Pete’s allotment and just missed his shed. A man clambered from the wreckage, opened the trunk, took out a box and stumbled towards Pete.

“Are you OK? What happened?” asked Pete, his curiosity aroused.

“I’m fine, I misjudged the corner, are you Pete?” asked the driver.

“I am” replied Pete


“Oh good, my wife sent me to buy some of your African violets” said the driver, holding out the box and his credit card.

24 comments:

Marshall Family said...

love it :o) so creative and what an enjoyable read :)

Around My Kitchen Table said...

Need a jolly good read when it's pouring so hard I think the rain'll hurt the rhubarb? You don't need B vitamins to get a buzz or pay with your credit card to get on some mercenary website with so many things to buy it's like a three-ring circus. Or one that's supposed to be uplifting but only contains obscure haikus. Get that mouse out and visit Akelamulu - it won't even cost a copper. It's even better than chocolate sponge - and not so fattening!

Akelamalu said...

I'm so pleased you enjoyed it Emmire x

Why thankyou AMKT but what I want to know is why you don't participate in Wordzzles when you can do it just in the comments? :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

comments are giving me fits!

good one!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Melli said...

Goodness! I hope there were some violets LEFT!

Your 10 word is fabulous! Great name for a band - and songs my kids would listen to!

Jeff B said...

Hope Pete is as good of a wood worker as he is a gardener.

Linda said...

"Sponge Credit Card" - yep, that sounds about right as it soaks up all of one's money!

Great job as per usual, Akelamalu!

Raven said...

Wonderful. I love them all. The first is so clever and concensed, the second too. The last one was just delightful and such a clever way to use copper. Never thought if it. Excellent all around... as always.

Anndi said...

Did Pete have a "You break it, you buy it" sign? I hope that credit card isn't maxed out...

Richard said...

As always you never fail to amaze me with your great endings. Lovely story and I enjoyed the Christmas Atmosphere of your blog this week.

Rich

Akelamalu said...

Thanks Bee x

LOL thank goodness song titles don't have to make sense these days Melli! ;)

Oh yes he is Jeff, he built that shed!

My thoughts entirely which is why I thought of it Linda! ;)

Ah cheers Raven :)

I hope so Anndi (wink))

Oh you're very kind Rich, glad you like the Christmassy things. :)

Finding Pam said...

Great stories using the words. I really enjoyed the megga word challenge. I can see it all unfolding and it was so good.

I really struggled this week. Thanks for coming by and your words of encouragement. Some how when I'm having the craziest week, I just don't think very concise.

Love the snowmen and the tree!

Cloudia said...

Very Nicely Done Indeed! Aloha-

bettygram said...

Poor Pete, hope he has easier sales. Enjoyed the story.

Akelamalu said...

Your stories were just great Pam there was no outward sign of you having struggled m'dear. So pleased you enjoyed my efforts on both the stories and the decorations. :)

Thanks Cloudia x

Pete has a log of clearing up to do Bettygram! ;)

Anndi said...

Stopping by for some holiday music and to wish you a Peaceful second Sunday of Advent. :)

gabrielle said...

Enjoyed all your stories!!!!

The way you compressed ten words into two sentences is impressive. I love the names of the B-Vitamin's hits.

I admire Pete’s steady vigor and resilience. Somehow I think it’s more than b vitamins!!! I have known people like this and am in constant awe of their unencumbered expression of the life force

Daisy said...

Don't know how you come up with these time after time- brilliant! Hope you've had a lovely weekend x

Travis Cody said...

Those made me laugh!

Akelamalu said...

Well thank you Anndi x

I'm please you enjoyed them Gabrielle :)

I don't know either sometimes Daisy! ;) Hope you had a great weekend too. x

Well all my effort was worth it then Trav x

Dr.John said...

Sorry I didn't get here on Saturday. Three great stories. I really enjoyed the last one. I could almost see the truck coming through the fence.

storyteller said...

Wonderful stories as always and you outdid yourself with this week's doodles! That mouse looks so real ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Lulda Casadaga said...

Great job...I never grew African violets..maybe will have to try!
I missed out on this weeks Raven...was out of town...hope to do one next week. p.s. Love the drawings!!

Akelamalu said...

Oh thanks Dr. John, I'm so pleased you liked them. :)

I like the mouse too Storyteller, I enjoy doodling as much as the writing. Glad you enjoyed them. :)

Yes I missed your wordzzles this week Lulda, I'm pleased you enjoyed mine. x