Followers

Wednesday 8 October 2008

Meme about me.....

Julia at A Piece of My Mind tagged me for the 40 things about me meme. As it involved just answering questions and not me having to think of 40 things about me that would actually interest anyone I’ve gone along with it.

1. Height? 5ft 5inches

2. Have you ever done heroin? Oh good God no, there’s no way I’d inject myself with anything!

3. Do you own a gun? Absolutely not, it’s illegal here anyway and even if it wasn't I wouldn't have one in the house!

4. (for some reason, there was no question 4 - so Julia added one of her own) Did you have a favorite babysitter as a child? Mum and Dad didn’t go out much as there was never any spare money, but I used to stay at my Grandma’s every weekend Friday to Sunday and my favourite Aunt lived there. I enjoyed that.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Yes, and I rehearse what I need to say because I don’t go until I have a list of complaints!

6. What do you think of hot dogs? I enjoy hotdogs occasionally. I love them on a bread finger with lots of fried onions and mustard, the hotter the better.

7. What's your favorite Christmas song? Definitely White Christmas by Bing Crosby.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I have a large cup of decaffeinated tea.

9. Is your bathroom clean? Yes, MWM does a great job on it while I’m at work!

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?(or accessory) My wedding, engagement and eternity ring.

11. Do you like painkillers? I wish I didn’t have to take them but I do for all the aches and pains I have now I’m past 50.

12. Do you have A.D.D.? [Attention Deficit Disorder] I don’t ………. Err where was I?

13. What's your name? Akelamalu

14. Middle name? I don't have a middle name.

15. Favorite singer of all time? I don’t have a favourite singer of all time, and there are too many I like to start listing.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink: Tea, coffee and water. OK, ok I drink beer, wine and brandy at weekends.

17. Current worry? A health check I have coming up.

18. Current hate? The British Government and Justice System.

19. Favorite place to be? Anywhere with MWM, preferably on holiday somewhere hot and sunny.

20. How did you bring in the New Year? We went to our local civic hall with some friends where we had a few drinks and plenty of dancing.

21. Where would you like to go? On holiday, I love travelling. In fact we have two trips planned – Poland in October and Spain in February.

22. Do you own slippers? Yes they’re fleece lined suede mules.

23. What shirt are you wearing? I’m not wearing a shirt.

24. Favorite color(s)? Oranges and Browns.

25. Would you be a pirate? No but I love to watch swashbuckling films.

26. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever is stuck in my head. At the moment it’s ‘I kissed a girl’ by Kate Perry, it’s so catchy!


I kissed a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chapstick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it


27. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? I used to have bad nightmares, I was afraid of the dark. I still don’t like it much now.

28. Best bed sheets as a child? Winceyette (soft cotton flannelette material with a raised brushed surface (a nap), on both sides.) So warm in winter – we didn’t have central heating so the bedrooms were icy cold in winter. Brrrrrrr.

29. Worst injury you've ever had? When I was 13 I was doing high jump at school and I landed awkwardly and ripped my cruciate ligaments. I was in agony with my knee and even when it healed it would still give way occasionally. It went steadily worse and I had to have the joint cleaned out when I was 39 then I had a total knee replacement in February 2007. It’s wonderful now.

30. How many TVs do you have in your house? Five – ridiculous isn’t it? We have one in every room except the bathroom!

31. Who is your loudest friend? My schoolfriend who happens to be MWM’s cousin. She finds it impossible to speak quietly.

32. Who is your most silent friend? I don’t think any of my friends are silent.

33. Does someone have a crush on you? MWM says he does.

34. Do you wish on shooting stars? Definitely, doesn’t everybody?

35. What is your favorite book? I have read so many books I’m not sure I could choose one as a favourite, some do stick in my mind though

Sara Dane by Catherine


The Thornbirds – Colleen McCulloch


Anything by Catherine Cookson, Nelson De Mille, Tess Gerritson, Martina Cole, Karin Slaughter, Patricia Cornwell – I could go on and on!

36. What is your favorite candy? I’m not a huge fan of candy I prefer a lump of cheese.

37. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? We married in a Registry Office and didn’t have any special music playing. We were ecstatically happy to be getting married so the music wasn’t an issue.

38. What song do you want played at your funeral? Something upbeat like Ricky Martin’s ‘She bangs’. No I’m joking but nothing dismal and serious.

39. What were you doing @ 12 AM last night? I was asleep.

40. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? What shall I wear for work.

I'm not tagging anyone but if you fancy doing it please go ahead and let me know so I can come and read your answers.

35 comments:

Unknown said...

Akelamalu, you are my kind of people!

Cath said...

I love you. Seriously - you are my sort of person.
(Er, that is platonic, sisterly kinda love. I knew you would get that too. lol)

Great meme. Might pinch it for blog fodder! Thanks.

Daisy said...

Love the idea of She Bangs at the funeral!! Lovely meme, might well have to take it on and use it later on... x

Jo Beaufoix said...

Those are brill. I like Patricia Cornwell and Karin Slaughter too though they're very grim at times. Kathy Reichs is also good and Val McDermid.

And I also love the idea of a happy song at my funeral. I'd love hey hey we're the monkeys or something. :D

buffalodick said...

Very good! I like you answers, which must mean I like you too!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

'She Bangs'! LOL!! I love it! And Catherine Cookson - love her absolutely. I love learning all about you, Akelamalu! Hope I can see you in person someday.

Mona said...

I prefer drinking tea too! I wouldn't have a gun in my house either!

Ligament injuries are terrible. They can only be set right via surgery!

Akela, I hope & pray Queenie is doing better now! I am feeling anxious about her!

Akelamalu said...

That's nice to know Nick :)

We do think alike for sure Cath, and I know what you mean about the love thing ((wink)). I'll look out for the meme at your place. :)

I would really prefer something really upbeat and everyone dancing on my grave - in the nicest possible way of course Daisy :)

Kathy Reichs and Val McDermid are fantastic too Jo, I hope you do the meme I'll forward to reading it.

Aw thanks Buff I like you too honey. :)

Oh wouldn't it be wonderful if we could meet up. If I ever I am contemplating visiting where you live you can be sure I'll let you know, and you must do the same if you come to England Julia.

I suffered so much from that injury over the years Mona! Queenie is doing OK, I'm sure she'll post soon, I'll tell her you were asking about her.

Marshall Family said...

oo cool meme! I love these things, it amazing how much you can learn about someone from reading one :) x

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I would love to come to England - research, you know! But it might be a few years yet. Saving my pennies...

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done. :)

Daryl said...

What fun to get to know you better!

:-Daryl

CG said...

Great to know more about you and we have lots in common. I've done it for tomorrow's post!

storyteller said...

I enjoyed your 40 things meme but can’t see myself taking it on any time soon. I’ve never done heroin, owned a gun, and my parents didn’t have money to go out either so I didn’t have ‘sitters’ … I avoid doctors when possible … start my day with coffee … (chuckling I’m wondering what you ARE wearing instead of a shirt) … I prefer ‘cheese’ to candy … and am sooooo grateful to be ‘happily retired’ ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Real Live Lesbian said...

Ok, you just made me laugh out loud with your choice of funeral music!

Great list! I enjoyed the read!

TopChamp said...

aah. I like a Christmas song which is terrible I know - Spaceman, Chris de Burgh. How's that for a shameful secret?

G-Man said...

Hey, I like that song too...HOT!!
(Your shower song)

Ron said...

Thoroughly enjoyed this!

I love discovering all these really cools things about people!

But I'm DYING about having FIVE televisions in your home!!!

Do you ever turn them all on at once and have something different on each set???

Wouldn't that be fun???

Thanks for sharing, dear lady!

Enjoy your evening!

Lo Kelween said...

white christmas is by Bing Crosby?? oh...thanks for the info. I love that song too :)

Linda said...

I've had to inject insulin when I had gestational diabetes but I'd never want to inject anything else again.

Loved "The Thornbirds" - what a great, great book!

Trying to picture you singing "I Kissed a Girl" and laughing while doing so!

Akelamalu said...

I learned things about myself I'd never even thought about before doing this meme Emmie!

Well you be sure to let me know when you've saved enough money to visit Julia!

Thanks Crazyworking mom x

Glad you enjoyed it Daryl :)

I look forward to reading yours CG :)

We have a lot in common Storyteller, apart from I'm not yet retired unfortunately. I was wearing a dress. ;)

It's a great song isn't it RLL and would go especially well with a cremation don't you think, especially if I'd had a lot to drink before I snuffed it? ((wink))

Nothing wrong with that song at all Topchamp :)

You sing it too g-man? ;)

We regularly have two TV's on at the same time Ron - MWM watching something in the lounge and me watching a different programme in the kitchen. The kitchen lounge TV has a slight delay compared to the kitchen TV so when we're watching the same programme I get the punch line before MWM!

It's a great song Elween :)

Ooh Linda I imagine you were more than happy to stop those injections! You would definitely laugh if you heard me singing that song, most of all because I can't sing!

Anonymous said...

Your choice of song sung in the shower cracked me up - that song makes me want to gouge my own eyeballs out!

Suburbia said...

She bangs?!!! LOL

I do like reading these, they reveal a lot for such mundane questions. Great fun!

Smalltown RN said...

well that was loads of fun....I learnt a whole bunch about you....hope you have a great day!

la bellina mammina said...

Now your shower song kinda's stuck on me!

Jeff B said...

That was a fun list. Thanks for sharing.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

no tv in the bathroom??? whatever do you do in there then? ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

CrystalChick said...

So much fun! If Ricky Martin showed up at my funeral, I'd raise from the dead and dance with him for a few minutes. ;)

I've done '100 things about me' and 'another 100 things about me' that are linked on my side bar, so I'd probably having trouble coming up with more stuff. But you can read those if you like.

Happy day! :)

Akelamalu said...

You really don't like it Citizen? ;)

Yeah it was fun to do, glad you enjoyed it Suburbia :)

Glad you enjoyed it RN x

It's compulsive Bella!

You're welcome Jeff glad you found it fun. x

I read Bee! ((wink))

I'd join you Crystalchick, I love Ricky Martin! There's no what I could think of 200 things about me that wouldn't bore the pants of people! It's much easier when you just answer questions. ;)

maryt/theteach said...

I probably won't do this meme, Akalamalu, but I always love finding out more about my blogger friends. Thanks for doing it! :)

Akelamalu said...

Hey Teach no probs, just glad you enjoyed reading it. :)

Mimi Lenox said...

I would like to steal this one. Would that be ok with you?

Akelamalu said...

Of course Mimi, help yourself. xx

Mother of Invention said...

You're lucky your husband keeps the bathroom clean! I need to have coffee in the morning! I am a blue person! I wish my wedding rings still fit!! I had, "Just The way You Are" by Billy Joel played at my wedding dance.

Akelamalu said...

I know I'm lucky, MWM does all the cleaning since he retired MOI. :)