Julia at A Piece of My Mind tagged me for the 40 things about me meme. As it involved just answering questions and not me having to think of 40 things about me that would actually interest anyone I’ve gone along with it.
1. Height? 5ft 5inches
2. Have you ever done heroin? Oh good God no, there’s no way I’d inject myself with anything!
3. Do you own a gun? Absolutely not, it’s illegal here anyway and even if it wasn't I wouldn't have one in the house!
4. (for some reason, there was no question 4 - so Julia added one of her own) Did you have a favorite babysitter as a child? Mum and Dad didn’t go out much as there was never any spare money, but I used to stay at my Grandma’s every weekend Friday to Sunday and my favourite Aunt lived there. I enjoyed that.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Yes, and I rehearse what I need to say because I don’t go until I have a list of complaints!
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I enjoy hotdogs occasionally. I love them on a bread finger with lots of fried onions and mustard, the hotter the better.
7. What's your favorite Christmas song? Definitely White Christmas by Bing Crosby.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I have a large cup of decaffeinated tea.
9. Is your bathroom clean? Yes, MWM does a great job on it while I’m at work!
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?(or accessory) My wedding, engagement and eternity ring.
11. Do you like painkillers? I wish I didn’t have to take them but I do for all the aches and pains I have now I’m past 50.
12. Do you have A.D.D.? [Attention Deficit Disorder] I don’t ………. Err where was I?
13. What's your name? Akelamalu
14. Middle name? I don't have a middle name.
15. Favorite singer of all time? I don’t have a favourite singer of all time, and there are too many I like to start listing.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink: Tea, coffee and water. OK, ok I drink beer, wine and brandy at weekends.
17. Current worry? A health check I have coming up.
18. Current hate? The British Government and Justice System.
19. Favorite place to be? Anywhere with MWM, preferably on holiday somewhere hot and sunny.
20. How did you bring in the New Year? We went to our local civic hall with some friends where we had a few drinks and plenty of dancing.
21. Where would you like to go? On holiday, I love travelling. In fact we have two trips planned – Poland in October and Spain in February.
22. Do you own slippers? Yes they’re fleece lined suede mules.
23. What shirt are you wearing? I’m not wearing a shirt.
24. Favorite color(s)? Oranges and Browns.
25. Would you be a pirate? No but I love to watch swashbuckling films.
26. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever is stuck in my head. At the moment it’s ‘I kissed a girl’ by Kate Perry, it’s so catchy!
I kissed a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chapstick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it
27. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? I used to have bad nightmares, I was afraid of the dark. I still don’t like it much now.
28. Best bed sheets as a child? Winceyette (soft cotton flannelette material with a raised brushed surface (a nap), on both sides.) So warm in winter – we didn’t have central heating so the bedrooms were icy cold in winter. Brrrrrrr.
29. Worst injury you've ever had? When I was 13 I was doing high jump at school and I landed awkwardly and ripped my cruciate ligaments. I was in agony with my knee and even when it healed it would still give way occasionally. It went steadily worse and I had to have the joint cleaned out when I was 39 then I had a total knee replacement in February 2007. It’s wonderful now.
30. How many TVs do you have in your house? Five – ridiculous isn’t it? We have one in every room except the bathroom!
31. Who is your loudest friend? My schoolfriend who happens to be MWM’s cousin. She finds it impossible to speak quietly.
32. Who is your most silent friend? I don’t think any of my friends are silent.
33. Does someone have a crush on you? MWM says he does.
34. Do you wish on shooting stars? Definitely, doesn’t everybody?
35. What is your favorite book? I have read so many books I’m not sure I could choose one as a favourite, some do stick in my mind though
Sara Dane by Catherine
The Thornbirds – Colleen McCulloch
Anything by Catherine Cookson, Nelson De Mille, Tess Gerritson, Martina Cole, Karin Slaughter, Patricia Cornwell – I could go on and on!
36. What is your favorite candy? I’m not a huge fan of candy I prefer a lump of cheese.
37. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? We married in a Registry Office and didn’t have any special music playing. We were ecstatically happy to be getting married so the music wasn’t an issue.
38. What song do you want played at your funeral? Something upbeat like Ricky Martin’s ‘She bangs’. No I’m joking but nothing dismal and serious.
39. What were you doing @ 12 AM last night? I was asleep.
40. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? What shall I wear for work.
I'm not tagging anyone but if you fancy doing it please go ahead and let me know so I can come and read your answers.