The Mission Impossible Meme
Okey Dokey here's the second Queen's Meme from Mimi Queen Of Memes, where every Tuesday she will put up a new meme for us serfs to participate in with the threat of being thrown in the dungeon if we don't do it!
1. You are a guest on the space shuttle. You just arrived on the moon and realize you forgot something back home that you can't live without. What is it and how do you convince them to go back and fetch it?
Well I am very organised and I NEVER, EVER forget anything! Oh wait a minute there was that ONE time. I remember when the kids were young we were on our way to Abersoch, Wales, we were halfway there, it had been raining for two hours and we stopped for a bathroom break. It was then I discovered I'd forgotten to put any coats in the car and the petrol tank was leaking! We didn't have much money and I was convinced that the little we did have would be spent on fixing the petrol tank and buying Kagools because it would be raining for the whole week. The Universe smiled on us though and the leaking petrol tank was just the floater guage not screwed in right (or something like that, I'm not very technical) and the garage didn't charge us for putting it right. As we arrived at our destination the sun came out and never went back in again (well apart from at night) for the whole week!
Anyway where was I before I remembered that one lapse? Ah yes, if, I say IF, I was to forget somethng it definitely wouldn't be something I couldn't live without, all those items would have been on my list (I'm a great one for lists) and in the suitcase so there would be no need to go back. Anyway by the time I get to the moon there will be a shopping mall!
2. Pretend you are a teacher in a rough public school for one day. You have been assigned to teach Manners 101. You have the "challenging bad butt kids" class (remember this is a pretend school and anyway I can't say ass on my blog 'cause it's so unQueenly and I might get fined or something).
They are jumping up and down, cursing, and throwing things at you.
What is the first thing you would write on the board?
I work in a school (no I'm not a teacher) and believe me the kids I come into contact with do NOT misbehave with me! I'm a scary m*********er if they try - you just ask my boys! One look and they sit down and behave. If they're good though I'm a pussycat.
3. Someone in your family or a friend has started a blog. They think it is anonymous but you have figured it out. They are saying derogatory things about you. Do you tell them or do you read it for awhile?
How would you handle it?
LOL I would read for a while then drop the BOMBSHELL. A comment on the lines of...
"I've been reading for a while and I don't like what you're saying!" Akelamalu
would suffice methinks.
4. If you had one dollar left in your pocket, what would you spend it on?
I'd buy a lottery ticket hoping to win. Hopefully I would never be down to my last dollar because I would be working so there'd be more money coming in.
5. President Obama and the First Lady are coming over for dinner. What do you serve?
Well they'd be coming for traditional Sunday lunch to my house so they'd get Roast Beef, Yorkshire Pudding, Roast Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Green Beans and my famous (well it's famous to all the people that have tasted it) Gravy. For afters I would give them Apple Crumble and Custard or Cream.
6. You walk in on your lover. They are trying on your clothes. What do you do?
I'd smack him one - no-one tries my clothes without my permission!
7. Every astronaut must have shots! Choose your vaccination: You only get one and you can't enjoy any of the attributes of the other choices. You choose either: (1) The fountain of eternal youth and sexual vigor but only for 10 years (2) perfect health for a lifetime (3) eternal mind-numbing nirvana and peace of mind (4) unlimited hedonism for one year with no negative consequences
Of course it would have to be #2.
#1 is contradictory - you can't have eternal youth that only lasts for 10 years can you?
#3 what would be the point of mind-numbing nirvana? You only appreciate the ups in life if you have the downs don't you?
#4 I like a bit of hedonism and if I was blessed with perfect health for a lifetime I could indulge without fear that the second part 'no negative consequences' might not be true!
This is your mission should you choose to accept it. And remember, don't end up in the dungeon.
I accepted the Queen's challenge so I'm not going in the dungeon this week.
If you want to accept the Queen's challenge then go here and put your name on Mr. Linky.
I won't be doing a 55 Flash Fiction or a Wordzzle this week or next, I'm off to Wales on Monday so am busy getting ready.
I'll post the winner of the Great Imagination Award on Sunday - if you haven't done so already, do go to the previous post and read the entries, then vote for your favourite. I'll still be visiting you until Sunday then that's me - out of the blogosphere for a week.