Followers

Monday 6 July 2009

And the winner is.......

Last week I invited you to vote on who would be the very first recipient of this award





which MWM made especially for the occasion.

Those of you who read my Wordzzle #69 post (27.06.09) will have noticed I asked for reader's to give their answers to the questions asked by Carol's friends after her untimely death in Iran. Here's the end of my story:



Some months later the girls were moving out of the house and found a photograph that had slipped down the back of one of drawers that Carol had used in the bedroom. The photograph was of Carol and a good looking, dark skinned man and there was some writing on the back which said

“Here’s to the next mission!”


“Whatever could it mean? Who was the man? What had really happened to Carol?” the girls asked each other.


You can read the whole story here.

So you voted and here's the winner's ending:


This is my version of the ending: She faked her death. The body looked only slightly like her, but after laying in the sun for a few days it didn't really matter. The passport left with the body was all that was used for identification. She was now diguised as an Iranian, working with the dark skinned man and others to try to find out where the votes of the presidential election were kept and then take digital pictures of all of them and transmit copies to other countries so a recount could be done outside Iran. If the recount showed that the other person actually won, this would turn world opinion more strongly against Iran's leaders and give the protesters in Iran a stronger reason to fight.


So Congtratulations and take the stage to collect your award

Stephen



Well done,YOU are the very first recipient of this award and I hope you will display it with pride.

You do not get to pass on this award, it is just for those I award it to.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOT...congratulations Stephen. Well done and a good ending. I can't believe I missed this...sigh. Better luck next time :) Have a great day :)

The Duck said...

Wow! What a great idea!

tony said...

Nice One Stephen!(ps I am Still unsure where Im going!:))
Have A Great Week (hey Shaw is a nice place.Near You?)Regards
Tony.

snowelf said...

Fabulously executed Stephen. Er...or not executed? ;)

--snow

Daryl said...

Fabulous ... ALL the entries were clever but I did think Stephen's was the 'one'

Maude Lynn said...

Awesome ending!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Congratulations Stephen!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

congratulations. it was my choice too!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Nessa said...

Congratulations, Stephen. Well done.

Ron said...

CONGRATULATIONS, STEVEN!!!

GO, BOY!

I need to go back and read your Wordizzle to see what this is all about.

LOVE the award, Akelamalu!

X

aims said...

Golly! I go away to help my brother with rafting for a bit and look what happens in my absence.


Good choice on the winner!

Dr.John said...

Congratulations to Stephen.
This kind of award I do believe in .
It has meaning.

g-man said...

God I envy a Great Writer....

Stephen said...

Thanks everybody for the nice comments, and thank you everyone who voted for me.

And thank you, Akelamalu, for running the contest and for the beautiful award. I am very happy to accept it, and very happy to display it on my blog. It will probably be later in the week when I get it posted, though.

Stephen from Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
http://stephen-has-spoken.blogspot.com/

Akelamalu said...

Ok Thom I'll probably do another one and you can have a go then. :)

Thanks The Duck :)

Shaw is about half an hour away from where I live Tony.

Nice pun Snowelf ;)

Stephen's entry was very popular Daryl :)

Yes it was Mama Zen :)

He deserves it Cheffie Mom

Yes, you're choice won Bee :)

Stephen did well Nessa :)

I was pleased with the award MWM came up with Ron :)

Shame you missed it Aims

You're right Dr. John

Me too G-man :)

You're very welcome Stephen and you deserve it. :)

Real Live Lesbian said...

Congrats to Stephen! He definitely deserves it!

Cloudia said...

Congrats Stephen for being the first winner of this presitgous prize!

aloha, Ake gal ;-)

Comfort Spiral

Akelamalu said...

He does indeed RLL :)

Cheers Cloudia x

Stephen said...

Thanks again, everyone.

Stephen from Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
http://stephen-has-spoken.blogspot.com/