is an award that has been bestowed on me by Emmie (Emmas Dilemmas and Great Expectations). Yes, I know what you're thinking "she's got another bl**dy award!" Well I like them and if people think I'm good enough to receive them it would be very churlish of me to refuse wouldn't it?
So my thanks to you Emmie I'm honoured m'deario. x
So here it is:
Anyway like most awards it comes with rules:
"The Honest Scrap award comes with a caveat or 2. Firstly you have to tell your readers 10 things about you they may not know, but that are true. Secondly you have to tag 10 people with the award."
I now have to think of 10 things about myself that you may not know, not sure I can do this but I'll try.
1. I've been on a diet since 7th January 2009 and have lost 16lbs to date. I have another 28lbs to lose to reach my target weight.
2. I will celebrate my 60th birthday in November 2009, and retire in December.
3. I broke my ankle when I was 12 years old during a gym lesson at school. It still aches during cold weather.
4. I tore my anterior cruciate ligament in my right knee when I was 14 in another gym lesson at school. This led to arthritis and a total knee replacement two years ago. This has given me a new lease of life after struggling to walk for the past 10 years.
5. I hated gym lessons at school - can you blame me?
6. I have a condition called Heberden's Nodes, bony growths on the terminal interphalangeal joints of the fingers caused by osteoarthritis. At the moment is is only my index and middle finger on my right hand which are affected at the moment. However, there are signs that the index and middle finger on my left hand are heading the same way. Not pretty but unavoidable it would seem.
7. I had a total hysterectomy four years ago.
8. I had my ears pierced when I was two years old by my grandmother who used a darning needle! Ouch!
9. I have a high pain threshold.
10. I won't be leaving this world with everything I arrived with!
Now I have to pass this award on to (i.e. Tag) ten more bloggers, so here goes. It's not compulsory if you really don't want to it but if you do please let me know so I can read the 10 things about you.
Step up to the plate:
Thom (Thom's Place 4 Well Whatever....)
Dr.John (Dr. John's Fortress)
Connie (Connie Picture That)
JAPRA (Just A Plane Ride Away)
Nick (Nick's Bytes)
Daryl (Out & About In New York City)
Dianne (Forks Off The Moment)
Smalltown RN (A Place I Call Home)
Coudia (Comfort Spiral)
Pam (Finding Pam)