Followers

Tuesday 6 March 2007

Colour.........


It was lovely to look out the window this morning and see not only bright sunshine but these lovely crocuses in my front garden.
When I woke up I was feeling decidedly woeful. I'm usually a patient person by nature, but I soon get crochety with myself when I get held up in things I want to do. Of course this is what is happening to me at the moment, whilst recovering from my operation, things are moving very slowly and I am dependent on others for so many things. MWM is fantastic and does anything I ask of him, willingly and lovingly, my problem is I like to be independent, so all this is totally alien to me.
However, when I saw the sun and the colour I suddenly felt a whole lot better.
Colour is a wonderful thing, don't you think? It can make you happy, sad, excited, relaxed etc., etc. I love all colour but I love what I call the mediteranean colours best - terracotta, rich browns, orange, sunny yellows. I would be happy living somewhere the sun shines every day, where there's always some sort of colourful plantlife to look at. I hate winter - the dark days, the lack of colour, the cold, the wet, so thankfully spring seems to be on the way. I can't wait for the warmer, sunnier days when I can sit outside and take in the colour in the garden - I just know I'm going to feel better.


My Knee
Tuesday 6th March
Still stiff, swollen, sore - getting on my nerves now. Waiting for the District Nurse to change the dressing. Think the clips are due out on Friday but she will tell me today no doubt.

6 comments:

Queenie said...

Colours are responsible for so many things in my life, moods, energy, space and my fashion mistakes.... Told you we are soul twins 'albatros' wanted it, couldn't find it..........
Let me know what the nurse has to say.

Akelamalu said...

Yes you could say we're colourful! He he.

Will do.

Unknown said...

The colors are really starting to come out here in Italy. I wish my camera was working so I could share some with you! Especially the sunrise this morning.

Akelamalu said...

Oh Nik get that camera out please!

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi, thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog. I had to tell you too that my mother had two knee replacement surgeries (at different times) and she recovered quite quickly. I know you get frustrated but once you get past these first few weeks you'll be improving daily. Hope it passes quickly!! Take care, Dawn

Akelamalu said...

Dawn thank you for dropping by and for the encouragement regarding my knee. You are right it is very frustrating but even I can see an improvement - albeit slight! :)