Followers

Saturday 2 May 2009

Saturday Wordzzle # 61



The idea is, every week Raven (Views From Raven's Nest) gives you between 8 and 10 words/phrases and you have to create a small but coherent paragraph using every one of them and the same with the mini challenge. You can do either, both or a megawordzzle using all the words, or even all three, it's up to you, you can post them on your blog or email them to Raven. If you join in go to Raven's and put your name on the Mr. Linky so other participants can come visit you.



Here's my efforts, complete with my doodles.

This Week's Ten Word Challenge is: translation, crunchy, cat’s paw, trunk, I love raspberry tarts, global warming, star struck, the midnight ride of Paul Revere, fragile, Spring fever

I love raspberry tarts, how do you make them crunchy?” Jilly asked her mother as she shifted the cat’s paw off her plate.

“I’ll let you have the recipe if you’ll read the midnight ride of Paul Revere to me in French” replied her mother.


“I’ll read it in English, you know it loses so much in translation” said Jilly.


They were in the garden enjoying the sunshine Jilly eating and her mother was making a garden feature by planting up an old trunk.


“Do you think summers will get warmer?” her mother asked. “I do, I think it’s down to global warming, what do you think?”


“For sure the eco system is fragile Mum. Have you got a touch of spring fever, you seem to have bought a lot of bedding plants?” asked Jilly.


“Mmmmm, I did go a bit mad but there was a television star promoting something at the garden centre and I lost track of what I was putting in the trolley. I think I was a bit star struck!”


“What are you like Mum?” said Jilly “Have you got any more raspberry tarts?”




Mini Challenge: pancakes and syrup, flat tire, mongoose, this place looks like a bordello, first dance




Jimmy asked the pretty girl for the first dance. Four dances later they were getting along like a house on fire.

This place looks like a bordello, the way they’ve decorated it” he told her “how about we go for some pancakes and syrup at a little place I know?”

“That would be nice” she replied, so off they went.

They were only halfway there when Jimmy ran over a mongoose in his car and got a flat tyre – the girl was less than amused!



Megawordzzle

This place looks like a bordello!” exclaimed Mongoose Trunk, the author, as he took in his surroundings. He was here at the ‘The Cat’s Paw Club’, in Marrakesh, on a relaxing holiday after the launch of his new book, ‘Spring Fever’.


His publisher had arranged the holiday and promised him everyone would be star struck when they found out who he was. He was sitting in the club’s equivalent of the VIP area, though it left a lot to be desired decided Mongoose. Everyone was sitting on cushions on the floor, around low tables laden with food. He was picking at something crunchy and just happened to mention to his host “I love raspberry tarts, I don’t suppose you can get them here can you?”

“Of course” replied his host, who clapped his hands and spoke quickly in his own language to the waiter who attended. Unfortunately this was lost in translation and they brought him pancakes and syrup instead. Suddenly there was a flurry of activity and a belly dancer appeared. Her first dance was quite tame but subsequent dances got Mongoose hot under the collar.

“If you like we can go to a traditional Bedouin camp where you can see more dancers” offered his host. Mongoose was keen so his host quickly made the arrangements.

There were lots of other people at the Bedouin camp and Mongoose thoroughly enjoyed himself, unfortunately, on the way to the Bedouin camp, the car got a flat tyre so the host said they would have to make the return journey by camel. “I can’t ride a camel” said Mongoose “can’t you get me a horse and I can pretend I’m re-enacting the midnight ride of Paul Revere?”

“No, horses fart too much and contribute to global warming” said the host.

A camel ride through the desert, after an evening of excess, left Mongoose feeling rather fragile.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I have come to expect these are exceptional. In such short stories you convey so much. Excellent :)

Dr.John said...

Three very good stories. I liked the last one best. You worked all the words into the story so effortlessly .

Lu' said...

Shifting the cat's paw off her plate, sounds like my house.

Funny the mixed translation from rasberry tart to pancakes and syrup.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i love the cat's paw doodle!

(i have a prescription, walmart has a pharmacy. sarge has asthma and i had lung cancer and had a lung removed so the doc thinks we should have this before we travel next week.)

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

Mike Golch said...

Good posting,thanks for the message of support that you left for me.

bettygram said...

I enjoyed the stories. Ihad to laugh at many places. One of those points was the translation from raspberry tarts to pancakes and syrup.

Akelamalu said...

Thankyou so much Thom how kind of you. :)

Why thankyou Dr.John :)

Ah your cat like what you eat eh Lu? ;)

Glad you like the doodle Bee. I understand now about the flu jab - good idea in light of your's and sarge's health.

You're welcome Mike and thanks. x

I'm pleased you enjoyed them Bettygram :)

Raven said...

Each one of these was a little jewel. I kept thinking "I wish I'd thought of that" as you used the words with such a natural and easy flow. Well done as always.

Dianne said...

you're very whimsical this week! I like it :)

Richard said...

You Brits have funny names. Mongoose Trunk; loved it. I thought it was cow farts that caused global warming. Are we blaming the Equines now too?

Better to ride your bicycle home after a hard night of drinking than ride a camel. Of course I'm just guessing at this.

Cloudia said...

you wizard!
Aloha

Fandango said...

If horses are bad and hurt the world do you think we dragons could eat them? They are very tasty . In the old days we ate them with their knights you know. But we bet you just wrote that for the story.
Three very wonderful stories.

Travis Cody said...

So the horses are responsible for global warming eh? Very funny stories this week!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Your Megawordzzle is hilarious!

' "I love raspberry tarts, I don’t suppose you can get them here can you?"

Unfortunately this was lost in translation and they brought him pancakes and syrup instead.' - LOL!

TBM said...

These are always such a delight, Akelamalu! And I have to say, I do so love raspberry tarts :-)

Akelamalu said...

'I wish I'd thought of that' is exactly what I think when reading your wordzzle Rave, thank you for the compliment m'deario. x

I was feeling rather whimsical when I wrote them Dianne, I'm glad it came through. :)

There were no cows in the story and I was just guessing that horses fart as much as cows Rich ;)

Cheers Cloudia x

Correct Fandango I did just write the bit about horses for the story. How did you digest the knight's armour when you ate them? ;)

I suppose it's possible Trav ;)

Thanks Julia I'm pleased you enjoyed it. :)

Raspberry Tarts are a favourite here too JAPRA :)

Salute said...

Nice post and I like Motown too.

Akelamalu said...

Thanks Salute :)

Daryl said...

Brava! So well done.

Akelamalu said...

Aw thanks Daryl :)

la bellina mammina said...

I just flew over to say HELLO.... and to tell you I'm thinking of you.... X

Batteson.Ind said...

Loved your wordzzles! especially the mega challenge, there's something about horse farts that is always funny!, lol. Love the music on your page too, been boogying away this morning, cheers!