This is the Van Gogh's Ear Award as created by Roger of Idaho Photo This is what he wrote about the Van Gogh's Ear Award:
"Every year I like to make up a award and hand it out to people that make a difference in the blogsphere. I like to make it a award for all to enjoy and pass out if one so wants to, I just ask if your going to give it out to link back to me as the creator of the Van Gogh's Ear Award."
Inspiration of the Van Gogh's Ear Award
"You may know the story of Vincent Van Gogh a well known artist in history. Although a brilliant painter in his later years went quite insane he received the nickname of fou roux ("the redheaded madman"). The most bazaar of Vincent's behavior is when he cut off the lower part of his own left ear lobe, which he wrapped in newspaper and gave to a prostitute named Rachel in the local brothel, asking her to "keep this object carefully. After this he suffered recurrent bouts of mental illness, which led to his suicide July 29, 1890 he was 37 years old. His works of art are priceless."
The point of this award
"We are all artist in are own way be it art, photography, writing, philosophy, comedy, blogging and we all go a little crazy sometimes. But if you ever feel so crazy to cut off your ear and give it to a prostitute 'Seek Help'!"
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everyone else.
Roger passed this award on to lots of bloggers including Storyteller (Small Reflections) who in turn passed it on to lots of other bloggers including me! Thankyou Storyteller. x
Well I'm not as mad as Van Gogh (yet) but I may be getting there so, before I do I'd like to pass it on to the following people, trying not to duplicate those who have already received it because there's quite a lot!
Citizen (A Little off Kilter)
Mary Ann (A Place I Call Home)
Cloudia (Comfort Spiral)
Nick (Nick's Bytes)
Daryl (Out & About In New York City)
Marmie (Twaddle Everyday Rubbish)
RLL (Real Live Lesbian)
Shrinky (Shrink Wrapped Scream)
Pam (Finding Pam)
Catch (A Penny For Your Thoughts)
Daisy (Fresh As A Daisy)
Please feel free to pass it on to your favourite bloggers mentioning the origin and the sentiments behind it please.
And just for your amusement:
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2009 when...
1. You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't even have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.
NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself.
Thanks to the friend who emailed this to me.