Followers

Saturday 9 August 2008

Saturday Wordzzle # 25




The idea is, every week Raven (View From A Raven's Nest) gives you between 8 and 10 words/phrases and you have to create a small but coherent paragraph using every one of them and the same with the mini challenge. You can do either, both or a megawordzzle using all the words, or even all three, it's up to you, you can post them on your blog or email them to Raven. If you join in go to Raven's and put your name on the Mr. Linky so other participants can come visit you.

Here are my efforts - complete with my doodles.

This Week's Ten Word Challenge is: middle finger, text message. the letter “Q,” Shangri-La, melodramatic, compensate, elixir, band of brothers, quadruped, explicit




Chris sent a quick text message to the ‘Band of Brothers’, his rock group.

“Meet you at the Shangri-La at 8 for some elixir, I’ll be arriving on a quadruped”.

An immediate reply came from Jimmy in the form of the letter “Q”, which Chris knew meant OK.

Tony’s text said

“Why do you always have to be so explicit and melodramatic? Leave the horse at home!”

“OK” replied Chris “but you’ll have to compensate me, so you’re paying all night.”

“No way” thought Tony, mentally giving Chris the middle finger.




And for the Mini Challenge: deposition, monosyllabic, better off dead, dubious, posh





Standing in the dock Jane couldn’t believe what she was hearing. The prosecution lawyer was reading a deposition from the cleaner she had employed. Someone must have helped her write it thought Jane, she was only capable of monosyllabic conversations usually.

She couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“I was always dubious about her, too posh, conniving, married to an old man with money, I heard her tell him he'd be better off dead” relayed the lawyer.

“What was she talking about?” thought Jane, they really think I killed Arthur!



Megawordzzle





After the accident Melissa thought she would be better off dead. She felt she had been scarred for life in the crash but her family and friends said she was being melodramatic. They continued to visit and cajole her like a band of brothers, ignoring her monosyllabic replies to their enquiries as to when she was thinking of going back to work.

She had been knocked out in the crash and her memory of the accident was sketchy but she was having flashbacks, not enough to give a deposition in court though, as yet. She remembered leaving the country restaurant, The Letter “Q”, with Mark, he was driving his sports car along the windy roads back to town when the quadruped appeared in the middle of the road as they rounded the sharp bend.

Melissa was remembering their first date, she hadn’t been dubious at all as Mark was the brother of Tricia, a colleague from work. Tricia had been on at her for months asking if she fancied a date with Mark, eventually she relented and told Tricia she could pass on her mobile number to Mark. He sent her a text message and they arranged to meet. After only a few dates she found they got on like a house on fire, being with Mark was like elixir, exciting and heady. After six months Mark proposed, dinner at the posh restaurant was to celebrate their engagement.

Waiting for Mark to come and take her to dinner she flicked through the holiday brochures. During dinner Mark wanted to know what he could do to compensate her for the broken middle finger she had sustained in the accident.

“As a matter of fact, I’ve been looking at some holiday brochures and there’s this fantastic place called Shangri-La in the Caribbean where we could get married” said Melissa, giving Mark a dazzling smile.

“Could you be a bit more explicit?” asked Mark with a wink.

22 comments:

Pam said...

oooo, the artwork is really coming along! love it. the stories aren't so bad either :) xo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

love it with the illustrations! ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Dianne said...

love, romance, mystery

what more could we ask for!

and art work as well!!

Yay!!!!!

Raven said...

Well done! I think my favorite was the mini, though I do love a good romance and the tragedy of the broken finger was entertaining. Good to have you back.

Richard said...

Very nice romantic tale at the end. Clever use of the middle finger and ain't it just like a chick to get both a great vacation and a wedding proposal out of it?

Rich

Linda said...

Nice to have you back and Wordzzl'ing again! Missed them while you were gone!

Jeff B said...

Riding his quadreped into town...now there's a big enterance!

Those were a fun bunch to read.

bindhiya said...

I like the mini, but all of them are great..
you always have a way with words..
have a great weekend.

bindi

lettuce said...

you know its not by design but i always seem to visit you when you're doing one of these.

and you do them v.well.

Jay said...

A broken middle finger? Oh no! I'm glad that's never happened to me. How would I communicate in traffic? LOL ;-)

Love them all. The mini was probably my favorite though. Well done.

holly said...

that was really cool!

anyone who can work "the letter "Q"" into a paragraph has my respect.

okay pardon me if i'm just absent-minded and have been here at some point before and said something like this, but:

hmmm...reiki?
living in britain?
hawaii? (okay i don't have a hawaiian name but i lived in hawaii for five years.)
we have a lot in common...

that's all. for now...

Anonymous said...

Very nice stories, I enjoyed reading them. :-) Thanks for your kind words.

I hope you'll come check out Pet Peeve Tuesday!

Akelamalu said...

My artwork sucks Ciara but thanks for being so kind about it. x

I'll never be as good as you at doodling Bee :(

Ah yes romance is alive and well here Dianne :)

Thanks Raven, it's good to be back. :)

Oh us chicks are very devious Rich ;)

Aw thanks Linda xx

I'm pleased you enjoyed them Jeff :)

You're very kind Bindi thanks honey. x

Thankyou Lettuce :)

Naughty, naughty Jay using your middle finger in traffic! ;)

I don't think you've graced me with a visit before Holly so welcome to my humble blog. You do Reiki? How lucky are you to have lived in Hawaii, it's on my 'to visit' list.


Oh I'm glad you enjoyed them Mommywizdom, please do call in anytime. :)

bindhiya said...

Dear Akelamalu,
I have a little change in my web add.. http://lifeinfourwalls.blogspot.com...now this is my link.. please change the link..
have a great day..
love
bindi

Queenie said...

How good are you? Love the middle finger!!!!

Travis Cody said...

Back in fine form with your stories I see!

Catch said...

hey sweety!

i just looked at your vacation pictures, what a beautiful place!!!! I enjoyed everyone of them and its great to be back!!!!! take care...huugs!

Akelamalu said...

Thanks for letting me know Bindi, I've changed the link now. :)

Thanks Queenie x

Oh you're very kind Trav x

It's so good to see you back posting Catch, I've missed you honey. xx

SMM said...

Hooo hoo...I lreally liked Chris's text msg and about riding into town on his quadraped.

Akelamalu said...

Thanks smm glad you enjoyed it, I'll be over to read yours soon. :)

storyteller said...

Hmmm … a quadruped, eh? You do have a way with these … the letter Q for OK and the name of a restaurant? I’m trying to ‘take notes’ so that I can be a successful Wordzzl participant one of these dayz myself. Perhaps Jane will be more cautious about what she says from now on? My imagination is off and running at that smile from Melissa and wink from Mark. Bravo!!!
Hugs and blessings,

Akelamalu said...

I do hope you join in Storyteller I think you'd be excellent at it!