Followers

Tuesday 13 February 2007

Holidays.......

We usually have our annual holiday booked by now but, as I am waiting for major surgery and do not know when I will be fit to travel, we haven't been able to book anything. The first time I went abroad was in 1984 and it was so wonderful that I almost did a Shirley Valentine! This got me thinking of all the wonderful places we've visited and MWM and I spent an hour last night trying to list them all, so here goes. Click on the resort name for more information...

1984 Corfu
Kavos - my first experience abroad and still rated at the top of our list.
1986 Kos
Tigaki - a fun holiday with family and friends
1988 Turkey
Kusadasi - sightseeing Ephesus, Pamukala
1989 Spain
Fuengirola - sightseeing Granada, The Alhambra Palace, Gibraltar
1990, 1991, 1992 Turkey
Calis Beach -1990 year I met my dearest friend there, we enjoyed it so much we went back for another two years! Sightseeing - Saklikent, island hopping.
1993 Bali & Australia
Four nights in Bali, Sanur Beach - lots of sighseeing - paddy fields, monkey forest and we were invited to a funeral!
Two weeks in Sydney - sightseeing - The Blue Mountains, Sydney Old Town, Darling Harbour, The Rocks, Sydney Opera House
1994 Turkey
Calis Beach - Back to meet up with old friends
1997 Thailand
Four nights in Bankok - what an experience. Sightseeing - Bridge over the River Kwai, Kanchanaburi, the temples.
Week in Pattaya - sunbathing.
1998 Zakynthos
Kalamaki - holiday with eldest son and daughter-in-law - great fun
1999/2000 Sri Lanka & The Maldives
The year of our Silver Wedding celebration and the Millenium
Christmas in Sri Lanka - sightseeing - the elephant orphanage. I had a ride on an elephant on the beach and we watched locals performing the Nativity round the pool!
New Year in the Maldives, Olhuveli View - nothing to do all day but sunbathe, snorkel, sleep, read, eat, drink - how fabulous is that?
2000 Egypt
One week Nile Cruise - sightseeing all the temples
One week in Luxor - relaxing
2001 Tenerife
Puerta de la Cruz - relaxing, sightseeing - Mount Teide
2002 Mediteranean Cruise
One week cruising calling at - Mahon, Naples, Corsica, Sicily, Toulon.
One week in Majorca relaxing
2003 Rhodes
Kalathos- relaxing
Also a weekend break in Dublin, Ireland - fantastic!
2004 Cyprus
Protaras - Jeep Safari - Great fun.
2005 Cyprus
Bellapais - sightseeing - Famagusta, Nicosia.
Also a weekend break in Cork, Ireland - sightseeing - The Blarney Stone - which I kissed,though there are some who would say I didn't need to!
2006 Turkey
Gocek - totally relaxing


I'm sure we must have missed some out but that's all we can think of at the moment.

Here's me in the Maldives - are you jealous?


copyright

4 comments:

Queenie said...

Yes very jealous, especially the elephant bit. That is one of the 5 things I have to do before I meet my maker...Don't ask what the other 4 are!!

Akelamalu said...

Go on, what's the other 4?

Anonymous said...

I'm not jealous. I'm off to Skeggy...

x

Akelamalu said...

I like Skeggy too! :)