It all started over at Smith Magazine, and the copy and paste history is thus:
Legend has it that Hemingway was once challenged to write a story in only six words. His response? “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” Last year, SMITH Magazine re-ignited the recountre by asking our readers for their own six-word memoirs. They sent in short life stories in droves, from the bittersweet (“Cursed with cancer, blessed with friends”) and poignant (“I still make coffee for two”) to the inspirational (“Business school? Bah! Pop music? Hurrah”) and hilarious (“I like big butts, can’t lie”).
The rules of the meme are:
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5. Don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.
So, I had a think and I came up with the following:
1. Hatched, matched, will be (eventually) dispatched.
2. I cared, tried, hoped and loved
3. I did my best, hopefully enough.
4. Mucho ups, downs, in-betweens – my life!
I think I like #2 best, what do you think?
Now who to tag?
To be fair I choose the first 5 people who commented on my last post so that's:
Miss U ( A Sideways Look At Womanhood) - you said you were short of stuff to blog about!
Flowerpot (Flowerpot Days)
Buffalodickdy (Opinions & Rectums)
NEW THINGS ON THE BLOG
MWM produced this award for me to hand out, it will be unique to people I give it to , not to be passed on.
I would like make the first recipient of the 'YOU'RE BRILLIANT' award
Tisha (Crazy Working Mom)
who very kindly helped me to condense my blogroll into the little scrolling box you see in my sidebar now. Thank you Tisha for all your help you are truly BRILLIANT!
If you don't see your blog there and you link to me please let me know so I can add you. If I've missed you off it was accidental honest!
Also you may have noticed that I have taken all my awards off my sidebar and put them on a slide show instead. If you click on View All you can see who awarded me what.