Followers

Monday 8 August 2016

China Part 10......


After an early breakfast and check out from the hotel our luggage was transported to the airport for our onward flight to Beijing whilst we visited the Great Wild Goose Pagoda.

A Buddhist pagoda located in southern Xi'an, Shaanxi province, it was built in 652 during the Tang dynasty and originally had five stories. The structure was rebuilt in 704 during the reign of Empress Wu Zetian, and its exterior brick facade was renovated during the Ming dynasty. One of the pagoda's many functions was to hold sutras and figurines of the Buddha that were brought to China from India by the Buddhist translator and traveler Xuanzang.

 A beautiful, peaceful place to walk around taking in the many treasures housed there.



T
Two of the monks very kindly allowed us to take their photograph.






After a very interesting couple of hours it was time to board our coach for the journey to the airport to catch our flight to Beijing, where we were able to have a short rest before being treated to a delicious Peking Duck Dinner that evening. We retired  straight after dinner, as we had a very busy time to look forward to the next day.

I hope you will join me for Part 11 when we visit the Hutong, Tian'anmen Square and the Forbidden City.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Roll on part 11! Enjoyed rhis post, Pearl, it made me wish I could have visited when I had the chance.

Akelamalu said...

Glad you enjoyed it Valerie. X

Ron said...

Once again, m'dear....faaaabulous travel post! And I absolutely love all these photographs; especially the ones of the Buddha statues. Reminds me of when I lived in Japan and visited Kyoto.

Looking forward to Part 11! Have a lovely week!
X

Akelamalu said...

Thanks Ron, I loved all the Buddha statues too and the elephant as I love elephants. 😊

Flowerpot said...

What an incredible trip! X

Akelamalu said...

It was Flowerpot. x